Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2019

Married on FA Cup Final day

HappyIvoryHair1461, 30 of December of 2018 at 00:14 Posted on Planning 0 4

We’re getting married on Sat 18th May 2019. Which is FA Cup Final day, we’re not bothered, it’s probably why we got a great price! Haha. However footy fans will be invited and I’m worried they may not come. The hotel have said they’ll provide a room so they can watch if they wish. It’ll be after the meal whilst the room is being changed over so it doesn’t affect us at all. My question is, would you put a note in the invitation about it?

Part of me thinks if they think footy is more important than I’ll save my money if they don’t come

4 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousYellowConfetti70633, 3 of January of 2019 at 18:28
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't put anything in the invite about it - if they're fans, they'll know.

Do you have a wedding website? You could always put something on there that a room will be provided with a tv for anyone who wants to watch the footy. Or just leave it as a surprise or word of mouth.

Personally I would hope that if people came to my wedding they would not run off to watch a game for an hour and a half, so I think you're super accommodating to allow them to do this!

X

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I have shot many weddings during England world cups and cup final days and from my experience I think its difficult to do anything other than to embrace it and expect people to be watching it. I have seen that people will even watch - or listen with headphones to the football during the Church service - sitting at the back.

At least if you provide a room with a tv then they will not sneak off somewhere and watch it on their phones.

• Joey@WarbleEntertainment
    Joey@WarbleEntertainment ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

Coming from a massive football fan here's my perspective.

The world cup for us last year was a bit of an anomaly in that we actually did really well (who would've guessed it?!), so it was quite a noticable impact on weddings in the UK. I think one thing that we noticed was that the weddings that embraced this and the mood of the country at the time on their wedding day were better off for it.

Having said that, the FA cup final isn't the big event that is used to be years ago.

If my team (West Ham, come on you irons Smiley laugh) somehow made it to the final, I would still attend someones wedding that I cared about instead of skipping out and trying to watch it. If the opportunity was presented to watch it on the day, I would probably take you up on it but it wouldn't affect me either way!

I wouldn't bring it up on the invite as you're drawing attention to it. If anyone asks then you can let them know that if they really need their football fix, it will be there on the day Smiley smile

Hope this helps.

• L
    Beginner May 2019
    LuxuriousYellowConfetti70633 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ? Thanks for the heads up! We’re getting married on the same day and didn’t even realise! ( both not footie fans at all)

happy planninng! Hope you’re more ready than I am!

• L
    Beginner May 2019
    LuxuriousYellowConfetti70633 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ? Thanks for the heads up! We’re getting married on the same day and didn’t even realise! ( both not footie fans at all)

happy planninng! Hope you’re more ready than I am!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics