Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Curious June 2022 Cambridgeshire

What to give as a wedding gift

Expensivepurplebridesmaid50886, 11 of November of 2018 at 20:31 Posted on Planning 0 1

My fiancé is going to be an usher for one of his old school friends August 2019 and I’m not sure what we should give as a wedding gift. I’m not sure if the couple will write a gift list or ask for money. I’m just trying to anticipate what we may be forming out next year. Any advise on gifts will be much appreciated! If not gifts how much money would be an appropriate amount to gift?

pleaee bare in mind that the groom will also be an usher at our wedding the following year ?

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticYellowHair34878, 16 of November of 2018 at 10:13
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

My general rule is if I'm going to the day, I give £50, if I'm only going to the evening, I give £30. This is from me and my fiance. I'd love to give more, but with having just moved house, and saving for a wedding ourselves, I just can't afford it!

I don't think you need to give anything more or extra for being a member of the bridal party, you're already giving time and money with regards to planning things. Maybe if your fiance wanted to, he could give the groom a small present from himself - a bottle of whiskey or something, but I don't think it would be expected.

I was a bridesmaid in August, and me and the other bridesmaids made the bride a bouquet charm with a four-leaf clover (she was Irish), a blue glass bead, and a sixpence.

Hope this helps! X

• R
    RomanticYellowHair34878 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Dear,

Best option is to give money envelope to him,as its worth is more then the gift, he can easily utilize it where ever he want.?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics