Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner October 2018

How long to decorate a village hall?

HappyBrownDecor18059, 4 of October of 2018 at 11:00 Posted on Planning 0 1

I'm getting a bit stressed about this and just wanted some second opinions. Our reception is in a village hall, but because they have other events on the previous day we'll only have a 2 hour slot to decorate the hall. Now I was thinking, ok, not ideal, but surely feasible if we rope in a few helpers and are organised, but some of my family members are going mad saying it'll be a disaster and we won't have time! Someone even suggested looking for a new venue!!! (The wedding is one month away and it is the only hall in the area that we can afford that can accommodate our number of guests).

So I'm thinking, with at least 6-7 helpers, this is what we'll have to do:

- Lay out all the tables (about 20 folding tables) and chairs,

- Hang up bunting

- Hang up some other ceiling decorations

- put tablecloths on (we've ordered a paper roll)

- lay out hired glasses (we're having a buffet so no plates or cutlery to be laid out)

- Chuck on some table decorations

- Putting the wine in their fridge

- Setting up the cake (probably the most time-consuming thing, but a one-person job).

It's true that it is quite a large hall (15m by 15m)...

But surely if we're all on the ball that will be doable in 2 hours, won't it? Or am I being terribly naive?

1 replies

Latest activity by HappyBrownDecor18059, 6 of October of 2018 at 13:24
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

I think you'll be absolutely fine as long as all of your helpers turn up on time.I used to help decorate my old rugby club (which was a similar size, plus we went all out!) for Halloween, and we always got it done in under a couple of hours.

I have a 2 hour slot to decorate my wedding venue (a similar sized marquee) too.

Have a rough plan of who you want to do what before you go in, and you'll be fine.

So you could all set up the tables and chairs, then have a couple of people set the tables, a couple more on bunting and ceiling decorations, and one person to do the wine and cake.

Definitely don't change your venue now - that would be ridiculously stressful, and probably costly! Good luck! X

• H
    Beginner October 2018
    HappyBrownDecor18059 ·
    • Hide content

That's great to hear! It's a massive relief to hear that you've actually done something similar in a similar timeframe. I will pass that on to my family!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics