Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L

Free engagement & wedding photography

LuxuriousPinkFlowers67863, 8 of September of 2018 at 21:08 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hello all --
I hope this type of post is allowed!
I love all things wedding and all things photography, and I'm looking to turn my photography hobby into something a bit more serious. I've done mostly travel and food photography so far, but can't wait to gain more experience in this field.
I work with a Canon 70D, and do all post production in Adobe Lightroom.
Now, it's time to build my portfolio, so I'm looking for folks interested in helping me get started.
As long as you're OK to be included in my portfolio, I can offer:
  1. Engagement photo shoot, which includes 2-3 hours of shoot time and at least 20 edited photos
  2. Wedding photography, which includes 4-5 hours of shoot time and at least 40 edited photos
This might also work for you if you already have a "main" photographer and are just looking to either have a backup, or a different style to complement your photos.
I'm based in London (but willing to travel), and have plenty of availability.
If you're interested, feel free to get in touch so we can discuss the details!

-Veronica

5 replies

Latest activity by Chris Giles Photography, 20 of September of 2018 at 14:54
  • F
    Beginner November 2018
    Fireworkandfairylightwedding ·
    • Hide content

I’ll send you an email

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

You might run in to trouble being another photographer at a wedding with the hired main photographer, so any couples looking at doing this you better ask your photographer first.

• L
    LuxuriousPinkFlowers67863 ·
    • Hide content

Totally agree, Bruce. Many of my friends have had friends act as second shooters, for their weddings and as long as they stay out of the way of the main photographer it seems to work well!! But definitely agree that this should be discussed in advance.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

'This might also work for you if you already have a "main" photographer and are just looking to either have a backup, or a different style to complement your photos'.

Most photographers will ask you to leave the premises. Please don't sell yourself this way because it puts you and anyone you are shooting for at odds with the pro.

I also hate to be 'that guy' but please note you have to be a supplier on hitched to post (non advertising) posts on the forum. you weren't to know obvs.

• L
    LuxuriousPinkFlowers67863 ·
    • Hide content

Hmm maybe it’s a cultural thing? Where I was married (and went to several weddings) in France this was extremely common. If my photographer had an issue with my amateur photographer friends taking photos then I would have been upset with the photographer not my friend. Apologies if the post wasn’t allowed - my posts are moderated as I’m new to the forum and it was approved which I thought meant all was ok.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In that case sure. But when you aren't a true friend and instead offering it as a service, and when you're motivated to perform rather than just take a few casual snaps then it's very different and something you'll find out very quickly as you get more established.

You have the power to delete a thread you start, if you're serious about the rule breach feel free to delete it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics