Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2019

Being a Wedding Planner

HappyGoldCakes14475, 5 of September of 2018 at 13:22 Posted on Planning 0

Hi All!

Hoping that there are some professional wedding planners out there who can give me a bit of guidance? I have absolutely adored every single minute of planning my wedding and deep down, it's always something I've wanted to do but couldn't really find a way to start my journey.

instead I'm a project manager - the next best thing and just as organised! but i would like to start wedding planning and potentially build up a business for myself in both wedding and event planning.

i've done a lot of research but there aren't many stories about exactly how wedding planners get to where they are so i'm looking for inspiration, guidance and maybe some mentoring to help get me started.

if you are a planner or know of someone who is who is willing to give me some good, solid guidance that would be great. I've looked at 100s of courses and don't know which would be best, I don't really know how to go about getting started.

thanks in advance! :-)

• B
    Beginner November 2018
    Billie06 ยท
    • Hide content

Hi everyone,

Same with me above, I used to work in Ibiza as a Wedding Planner and I loved it (not the boss though!) but here in England it is really hard to get in there. It is more of a case of who you know and what you can bring to the table.

I would suggest (which is also what i've been doing) contact venues directly for information as a lot of "wedding planners" are assigned to certain venues.

I hope that helps a little

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics