Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2019

I dont like the events coordinator HELP please ?

Lyndalou81 , 6 of July of 2018 at 00:40 Posted on Planning 0 3

I really don't like the events coordinator from our venue I just can't seem to gel with her I find her too stuffy and business like and whilst I appreciate that she obviously likes to be professional it just makes the whole process of planning feel like I'm arranging a dental appointment lol

Having done a little research she has only worked at the hotel for 4 weeks and prior to that worked in another hotel for 5 months after uni. She always has to check whatever I ask her with another staff member then come back to me a day or so later. Am I being horrible by wanting a different coordinator? How do I ask the hotel about changing? Or am I just being a bridzilla?! ?? lol

Thank you all in advance xx

3 replies

Latest activity by HappyBlueCars582, 15 of July of 2018 at 16:38
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

You're not being a bridezilla - once of the things that sold our venue to us was that I fell in love with the guy who would be doing the co-ordinating (also the owner, it's a small husband-wife team). He was just amazing, and I know that if anything goes wrong on the day, he will fix it and probably give me a hug and tell me it's all going to be fine!

Throughout all of my supplier choices, I have looked at price and quality of course, but the vibe I get from the suppliers has been a deciding factor in many choices we have made, because we don't want to be surrounded by people that make us uncomfortable on the most important day of our lives.

As to what you can do about it... firstly, maybe have a little chat with her. If she's so new, she may not realise that she is being off-putting, and she may well appreciate some constructive criticism on how she could conduct herself. Be friendly about it, but it's important that you feel comfortable with her. But we all have to start somewhere!

Regarding the fact that she keeps checking things - I don't think there's much you can do. She's new and probably still learning the ropes. It's better that she checks and gives you the correct answer than promises something that can't be delivered.

If you chat with her and she refuses to change her behaviour, then I would approach the venue and ask if it is possible to change, or for you to have a reduced price and organise yourself if possible.

Hope this helps! x

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

You don't want to shatter the girl's confidence completely, especially if she's new. She'll probably lighten up and relax a bit once she gets to know you a bit better.

• L
    Beginner July 2019
    Lyndalou81 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies I just feel with so little experience she should perhaps be shadowing one of the more experienced corrdinators. My other half keeps telling me she probably won't be there by the time the wedding comes around lol I definitely don't want to shatter her confidence I know that everyone has to gain experience somehow but with it costing over 10 grand I can't stop myself from worrying. Perhaps she's nervous and will settle into the job....heres hoping lol

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean as it is a lot of money. She's probably being so stuffy and formal because she's new and wants to come across that she's taking it seriously. If she does something wrong then I would go to the person above her but until then I'd bear with it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics