Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2019

International Bridesmaids Dresses

Scottishbride2019, 7 of June of 2018 at 12:50 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi!

I have a slight dilemma, in that two of my bridesmaids are abroad. One is is Australia and will only be back in UK once, 6 months before the wedding. The other bridesmaid is my niece (12 years old) and is in the US and won't be in the UK until a couple of days before the wedding.

Any ideas how I can source bridesmaid dresses for both bridesmaid and my one bridesmaid in the UK???? I would love them to all be coordinating in colour but appreciate this might not be possible.

Many thanks x

1 replies

Latest activity by Scottishbride2019, 22 of June of 2018 at 13:46
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

I have a bridesmaid that lives in the US too, so I know where you're coming from.

Think it mainly depends on the style of dress you go for.

I've got skirts and will be getting vest tops to go with them, so it's quite a relaxed look, will look something like this:

Means I just needed dress sizes rather than specific measurements. Also, I got the skirts from Amazon for a bargain!

So you could go for something like that? Or if you want something a bit more formal, my friend ordered her BM dresses from JJ's house and put in the measurements for each dress. They came out really nice. So you would just need to get the measurements in inches or CM, which will be the same wherever they are in the world. The only downside of this, is if they lose or put o weight, you can't return made to measure.

Another option is to buy dresses online based on dress size, and maybe arrange for the girls who live abroad to have theirs sent there? Then they can try on and return for a different size, or bring with them if it fits?

Hope this helps! X

• S
    Beginner July 2019
    Scottishbride2019 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Mrs Jones! That's a really good idea with the skirts and tops. I'm so nervous about the whole measurement thing!

I've also heard since about David's Bridal which has stores in the US and the UK.... might be an idea also?

Thanks x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics