Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R

Leather jacket over wedding dress

rocknrollbride92, 13 of May of 2018 at 15:09 Posted on Planning 0 3

I plan on wearing a black leather jacket (most likely faux leather/PU) over my wedding dress but had a sudden thought- will the black colour rub off onto my dress?

3 replies

Latest activity by HappyBlueCars582, 21 of May of 2018 at 22:32
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Possibly, if it's a new jacket and a hot day?

Maybe wear it over a white t-shirt a few times and see if anything comes out?

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

It shouldn't do if it's a real leather jacket, the colour doesn't transfer unless of course it's lined with something dodgy. If it's a normal lining material then it's fine, my leather jackets have been worn with absolutely everything and every colour under the rainbow and I've never had any issues. PU is slightly different but isn't usually an issue it depends on material quality the same goes for faux leather as it's the same sort of material.

If you're worried as the above poster suggested wear it with something else that you care less about and see what happens

• B
    Beginner September 2018
    bloodninja ·
    • Hide content

Agree with above, if it’s good quality it shouldn’t do but I’d test it out with a white top or something

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

It might do. I remember being a teenager and thinking I was the bees knees in my faux leather jacket on a night out. Didn't realised when I'd sprayed perfume on my neck that the colour had ran and I ended up with a black neck and probably wrists too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics