Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LuxuriousIvoryCars856
Beginner May 2020

Themes - do I need one?

LuxuriousIvoryCars856, 2 of March of 2018 at 17:18 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi ? we are at the start of our wedding plans. We have a date, a venue and a colour scheme of grey and yellow.

I've seen that some people have 'themes' my fiancé and I don't have that much in common to decide on a theme.

Do we really need one? Any suggestions of ones we could use.

The wedding is the end of May 2020. We're not traditional and like thingsa bit unique, things you don't see much. Any ideas?

9 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousIvoryCars856, 9 of April of 2018 at 17:30
  • S
    Beginner March 2018
    Sandra-Dee ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I don't think you need a theme at all.

We only have one because I'm German and my H2B is British so that kinda made the theme. If you don't share a specific hobby like sports or are into comics or whatever I don't think it makes sense to come up with a theme just for the sake of it. If it wasn't for the different countries I don't think I would have a theme at my wedding.

Don't worry about it and just have the day the way you want it. Theme or not!

Hope this helps,

Sandra

• F
    Beginner November 2018
    Fireworkandfairylightwedding ·
    • Hide content

I don’t think that you need a theme at all. We do have one, which is ‘fireworks and fairy lights’ and chose this because we are getting married the Saturday before bonfire night this year. It has helped guide my planning in some ways. For example, my invites were very much based on this theme, but in other ways hasn’t made a difference and we’ve just gone with what we want.

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

I've never really got the whole theme thing. It's a wedding theme!

• H
    HappyGoldCakes12290 ·
    • Hide content

I need rustic wedding theme

• DavidAdamsPhotography
    DavidAdamsPhotography ·
    • Hide content

You definitely don't need a theme. I would argue that if one isn't apparent to you then you're probably better off without one. If a theme presents itself then you'll know it!

Good luck with your planning.

• Joey@WarbleEntertainment
    Joey@WarbleEntertainment ·
    • Hide content

I've always found that a theme naturally creates itself as you go on.

I'm not a fan of weddings with a really forced theme just for the sake of it. For some couples it just stems from their personality. Some might end up with a more 'informal' theme by accident or some themes might just be to do with colour!

Just start to figure out how you would like your day to play out and you will find that the wedding will take it's own shape Smiley smile a strict theme is not necessary to have an amazing day! Good luck.

• P
    Beginner September 2018
    pooksgirl ·
    • Hide content

Nope no theme needed, our "theme" is we've getting married lol!

Fair play to couples that do a theme but anything we chose either would be really strange and or wouldnt make sense to anyone but us.

• J
    Beginner May 2018
    JessNav ·
    • Hide content

I'm also yellow and grey, getting married in 10 weeks! I don't have a theme, to me the colour is the theme although I've managed to squeeze in lots of glitter, so much so I'm even having a glitter bar! A theme forms naturally, whether it's Disney, cheese or glitter!

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

You definitely don't NEED a theme, unless you want one.

I haven't got a theme in mind, but through planning so far, it seems to be falling into a sort of festival/rustic type theme, but it's not intentional, and we aren't being strict about sticking to it!

Do what you want, and if others choose to label it as a theme, that's up to them Smiley smile X

• LuxuriousIvoryCars856
    Beginner May 2020
    LuxuriousIvoryCars856 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone ☺

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics