Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L

Is 13 people too many for the top table?

LilacsandDiamonds, 22 of February of 2018 at 13:44 Posted on Planning 0 7

7 replies

Latest activity by pinkdreams121, 28 of February of 2018 at 20:28
  • H
    Beginner October 2018
    HappyBrownDecor18059 ·
    • Hide content

I don't see why it would be, although if space is an issue I went to a wedding in the summer where they had a sort of "secondary" top table for the bridesmaids and best man and all their partners, mainly because the bride and groom both had a set of step-parents each who they wanted on the top table so there wasn't much room. So that's another option.

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't have 13 at the top table but only because I'm superstitious and 13 is an unlucky number! There was 13 people at the last supper and I think that's why it's unlucky.

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Your post made me think about my top table, tricky isn't it, maybe see what the max amount of chairs you can have at each table is and go from there? Then fill as necessary?

• Q
    Beginner July 2019
    Queenie2Bee ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to be having 11 at my top table.

So thats Me, my H2B, our mums and dads, his 2 brothers who are both best men and then my brother and his gf and the Best man's wife (neither of the women are bridesmaids as i am not having any) but it is all the people who are important to us, we are then having a secondary table which will be my flower girl and page boy their grandparents my grandparents and 2 older aunties and uncles.

Its a bit unconventional as no bridesmaid but thats whats going to be for us.

I think its just individual choice so have as many as is needed.

• Q
    Beginner July 2019
    Queenie2Bee ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to be having 11 at my top table.

So thats Me, my H2B, our mums and dads, his 2 brothers who are both best men and then my brother and his gf and the Best man's wife (neither of the women are bridesmaids as i am not having any) but it is all the people who are important to us, we are then having a secondary table which will be my flower girl and page boy their grandparents my grandparents and 2 older aunties and uncles.

Its a bit unconventional as no bridesmaid but thats whats going to be for us.

I think its just individual choice so have as many as is needed.

• S
    Curious August 2018
    SpecialEdition1987 ·
    • Hide content

In a word Yes. But it's your wedding. You do what you feel is best.

• S
    Beginner June 2018
    SunnyBlueFlowers74058 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 12 on my top table , we went from having just bridal party, to a sweetheart table as worried about people not sitting next to partners, to now 12 xx

• P
    Beginner October 2018
    pinkdreams121 ·
    • Hide content

Have as many as you like it's your wedding...BUT as mentioned previously I would stay away from 13 I'm not personally at all superstitious but a lot of people are especially about the number 13 even those that you wouldn't suspect...my mum for instance would flat out refuse to sit at a table of 13 and that wouldn't change just because it was my wedding!! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics