Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H

Evening Entertainment

HappyYellowConfetti12164, 5 of February of 2018 at 12:57 Posted on Planning 0 7

Afternoon!

Does anybody have any recommendations for evening entertainment? I'd like to have a band and DJ ideally but don't have a clue where to start?

Thank you! x

7 replies

Latest activity by OvertheThresholdBand, 27 of March of 2018 at 17:41
  • MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Where are you based, what kind of band? All the ones I can suggest may not be to your taste.

• E
    ExpensiveRedConfetti922 ·
    • Hide content

I know The Goldbacks in hertfordshire are great to start off the evening before the DJ, or while you're eating. https://thegoldbacks.wordpress.com/

• MrsStanleyToBe
    Beginner January 2019
    MrsStanleyToBe ·
    • Hide content

Hello HappyYellowConfetti12164

Try the website https://www.alivenetwork.com/

we have managed to get a band who can also do acoustic during the meal and DJ all in one package

Good Luck x

• Joey@WarbleEntertainment
    Joey@WarbleEntertainment ·
    • Hide content

Hey Smiley smile

Having a live band is a great idea and will definitely be remembered.

As mentioned above, a lot of wedding bands nowadays will be able to offer a 'DJ' set within their package so your whole evenings entertainment is covered. Please be aware though that this is often unmanned and is more of a playlist to fill the gap! This does suit for most though.

To begin with you will want to figure out what kind of music you would like. Rock & Pop cover bands are always a safe bet and will play something for everyone but it depends on your theme. Maybe you would like more a 'Mumford & Son's' style festival band or even a Soul & Motown band? The choice is incredible these days.

Have a think and a good look at as many bands as you can and take my advice on this next bit... when you find the perfect band (which you will!), book them up before somebody else does! There's nothing worse than missing out, especially on popular dates.

For a bit more guidance it's important to read reviews and look for experienced bands with a track record of amazing performances at weddings Smiley smile

I'm here if you need any more help! Good luck finding your band.

Joey - Warble Entertainment

• thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'd second Joey's ideas.

Check for live footage and Facebook reviews...they can't be faked!!!

When enquiring ask if the band you see on the pictures are the band that will turn up and not a 'session player' band.

James

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

My wedding has three bands signed up to play atm sort of a little rock festival, just book plenty in advance so you don't end up stressed like I did, I left it to a friend to arrange and he hugely let us down. Sorted now though. If you want a bit of rock and roll these guys were great at a wedding fayre I went to. http://www.rockandsoulmachine.co.uk/

• F
    Savvy August 2019
    Fairy5 ·
    • Hide content

What sort of music are you after? We are having The Salvation who I've been desperate to book since I saw them online last October! They cover a wide range of stuff and they will also do acoustic in the afternoon and fill the gaps with a DJ set in the evening. I booked them a month ago for next August and they were already mostly booked out so even though I've not seen them in the flesh, the fact they're booked out and the reviews are enough for me. I want a band where everyone dances all night and I'm pretty confident that's what I'll be getting. Listen to bands videos and samples on their websites to get an idea. Most wedding bands only play at weddings so it can be hard to try and hear them first. And ask for recommendations from other weddings you or friends have been to. A girl at work paid 8k for her band and recommended them to me but when I had a listen I thought they were crap!

• OvertheThresholdBand
    Devon
    OvertheThresholdBand ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Firstly congratulations - I would also second whats been said by Joey. Most bands will offer a DJ playlist service, however some will also charge for this, so double check before booking.

Check for things like public liability insurance, contractual bookings, noise restrictions and most importantly, reviews on independent sites, as its unlikely you'll be able to see the band beforehand.

Hopefully this helps you.

Regards,

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics