Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2018

Artificial flowers recommendations please

LuxuriousYellowFlowers63032, 18 of January of 2018 at 12:19 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi

I was wondering if anybody could recommend a supplier of artificial flowers (made into bouquets). Have seen some online such as floral touch UK, silk floral art and sues flowers. Has anyone used any of these or anyone else that they would recommend? Or avoid?

Thanks

10 replies

Latest activity by Maria19, 27 of June of 2023 at 12:38
  • MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

I don't know where you're based but there is an artificial flower wholesalers near me that has been recommended to me by the wedding car company that I'm using, apparently they use this wholesalers for every wedding they are booked for. I'm going there on Saturday, and it has a website.

http://www.whittingtons.biz/

I'll report back after Saturday if you like.

• L
    Beginner September 2018
    LuxuriousYellowFlowers63032 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks MetalBride. Sorry I haven't replied sooner I've been ill. I'm based in Leeds/Harrogate area I checked the website and the nearest one looks like Sheffield which might be a bit far (transport is a bit tricky for me). What did you think to them when you visited? Would it be worth the journey?

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

My mum actually went without me, we had a bit of a to do, so now I'm going on Saturday morning, so I will report back on Saturday!

EDIT just a quick thought, have you got any colours/flowers in mind because I could have a look for what you are thinking of and if they're ok with it take a couple of pictures if they've got any. That way you could either give them a call or come over knowing they've got what you're after.

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

So I went this morning, it's small but has a serious amount of stuff however, I would suggest that you work out what you want and your budget then call them to get pricing as some of the flowers are expensive (although most are in other places too) it's a long way to go if they don't have what you want. If you want ivy or garlands I'd get them online as they are very expensive in the shop, the flowers are really good quality. They also sell all the other things you would need and stuff like fairy lights, mason jars, beads, sand, vases, if it can be used in flowers they sell it.

Hope that helps.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

There's a lady called Janet Mann who is very popular in the Facebook groups I admin. http://www.morethanperfectweddingflowersforyou.com/ - she does the silk flowers

Hazel Walshaw does various different kinds of bouquet and is also in high demand http://www.bespokefabricbouquets.co.uk/

• L
    Beginner September 2018
    • Hide content

Thanks MetalBride, sorry I'm late replying again. I really need to shake this virus I've got at the moment. My brother has offered to take me to see someone, now I've just to decided which one...

Hope you managed to sort what you wanted.

• L
    Beginner September 2018
    • Hide content

Thanks Paula I'll look into those

• E
    ExpensiveRedConfetti922 ·
    • Hide content

There is Riverside: https://www.riversidegardencentre.co.uk/artificial-plants.html

They do lots of flowers and bouquet. The showroom is amazing if you are local to them i particularly like their cherry blossom trees.

• L
    Beginner September 2018
    • Hide content

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. I've taken the plunge and made an appointment with The Floral Touch UK. It's not while March as that's the earliest my brother could get time off work to take me. They don't do weekend appointments as they offer a hire service and are out delivering on weekends. Fingers crossed the flowers look as good as they do on the website.

• D
    Beginner April 2018
    durhambride1990 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

Sorry that I have just seen this Ello Flower in York do absolutely beautiful artificial flowers Janine has done my flowers and no one can tell they're false! She's based in the centre of York and has a Facebook page :-)

Good luck!! Kat xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics