Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner September 2018

Venue size problems - Need help

RomanticRedStationery919, 10 of October of 2017 at 20:28 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hello All and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

We are due to get married next year and currently in the process of finding our desired venue. We have narrowed it down to 2 choices. Once venue is too big (400 sit down & max capacity 450) and the other is much smaller (180 sit down & max capacity 250). We are hoping to cater for 180-200 guests and anticipating a max of 250 will turn up. We love our first option because of the design, look and feel of the place. but we are worried that it might be too big and should 200 guests turn up, it might look too spaced out. We have been told that there are things that the decorator can do to make the hall feel small i.e. putting tables closer together etc etc. Will this be advisable OR would it be better to go with our second option, make the most of our day and not have to worry about the size? We are very confused and just want to make the right decision that we won't regret in the future. All advice welcomed.

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticBlueCakes716, 13 of October of 2017 at 11:38
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Have you asked them for photos of previous events? I work regularly at a large venue in Leeds that takes from 200 to 450 people and it doesn't look silly with just 200 in.

If you're concerned you could book a large space filler like "garden" games

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

Does the bigger venue have any doors that can close off part of the room? Capacity of 450 is huge, I'd imagine they get this all the time. Go back to them to get more detail.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics