Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsR2B18
Beginner April 2018

April 2018 Brides (or Grooms)

MrsR2B18, 8 of August of 2017 at 15:03

Posted on Planning 56

Just thought that as we're only 8 months away now i'd start our own planning thread for April 2018! I'll try and keep up to date with the dates and names so if you put your date in your first post and I will add to the list! I hope everyone's planning is coming along well 31st March -...

Just thought that as we're only 8 months away now i'd start our own planning thread for April 2018!

I'll try and keep up to date with the dates and names so if you put your date in your first post and I will add to the list!

I hope everyone's planning is coming along well Smiley smile

31st March - PinkCakes651

1st April - TheNewMrsChan

5th April - RomanticBlueCakes716

6th April - MetalBride

19th April - Jayjay84

21st April - MrsR2B18 and RomanticPurpleDecor759

26th April - shanmia35

27th April - FutureMrsO'L and April2018Bride

56 replies

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's fair enough if you have people coming from over seas they need plenty of notice! I'd rather send them out 6 months before but I won't have all the details I need by then so i'll have to wait!

• Jayjay84
    Beginner April 2018
    Jayjay84 ·
    • Hide content

Just sent mine out last week as we have decided not to bother with save the dates plus 3 went to Australia. Yesterday we had our first rsvp back!

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking of giving mine out as I see people over christmas and then posting the rest out in early January.

• L
    Beginner March 2018
    LuxuriousPinkCakes651 ·
    • Hide content

Well I've sent out my save the dates. I'm down to 6 months by the weekend. Hopefully my dress should be in this week. Invites and suits are the next jobs to get done, then it's just confirming details and menus. It's coming round so quickly!

i hope everyone else is getting on well.

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

It is coming round so quickly!

Exciting about your dress! I bet you can't wait to see it! Mine should be in next month eeek!

I went on my hendo a week ago and had so much fun! My bridesmaid did an amazing job of organising it!

I'm going to make a start on my invites this weekend, I can't put any writing on until we have had the menu tasting which should be in November but I can start putting them together at least!

Let us know how you get on with your dress!

I hope everyone else's planning is going well!

• L
    Beginner March 2018
    LuxuriousPinkCakes651 ·
    • Hide content

I've had the email this morning to say the dress has arrived. I'm excited and a bit nervous to go and see it. It was ordered 2 sizes bigger than I tried on so it will be interesting to see.

Im glad you had a good hen do. Mine isn't until next year but I have plenty of other things to be getting on with. I've started making decorations for the reception, I have boxes of 'stuff' accumulating around the house.

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

How exciting! I'm sure it will look beautiful on you!

We decided to do the hen do in September as we were going to Bath and we didn't want to go in winter time, i'll have one more local nearer the time so more people can come!

Same here I seem to have boxes of stuff everywhere! I really don't know what i'm going to do after it is all over, i'm so used to being busy with all the planning!

• A
    Beginner May 2019
    April2018Bride ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone,

Can i join in?

I'm getting married on 27th April next year. We booked the venue & Church back in June and I think we have most of the big things sorted. Bought a sample dress about 7 weeks ago as after trying on about 35 dresses it was the one that looked best and so just good luck that it was a sample and therefore half the price! It is murder having it in my house though- I keep wanting to take sneak peeks. It isn't exactly how I want it (I want to change the neckline & add sleeves as it's currently strapless) but I think I'll start on that in December/New Year.

One thing I am struggling with at the moment is a videographer, originally I didn't even think about having one and therefore didn't factor it into the budget but having recently seen some videos that were emotive & really special I'm keen to have one! They seem sooo expensive though- way more than the photographer even. Is anyone else having one or thinking of having one?

x

• Jayjay84
    Beginner April 2018
    Jayjay84 ·
    • Hide content

We gave our notice of marriage last week and got the confirmation through yesterday! We are also meeting a photographer on Sunday so hopefully that will be booked up too. Then I think I need to decide on a DJ then I can rest a bit haha

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Welcome! Of course you can join! I will add you to the list!

I bet it is tempting to keep looking at your dress! It's good that you got a bargain aswell! My dress is due in next month and we have to take it home, luckily it will be at my mums house so I won't be tempted to peek all the time!

I'm not having a videographer but I know they can be expensive, maybe if you do some research you could find one a bit cheaper or get a deal when they're at wedding fairs?

• A
    Beginner May 2019
    April2018Bride ·
    • Hide content

Ahh so exciting that your dress is coming in soon! Unfortunately I still live at home so although it's in my mum's room it's too close for my liking.

Thanks for the tip of looking at wedding fairs- we're going to our first (and only) one in a few weeks time so I'll look out for videographers. I did see a company that I liked but at nearly £1800 we just couldn't afford it, I did ask if they offered discount for non Saturday weddings or off peak monthsas I've seen some videographers offer this but they haven't replied so I'll take that as a no.

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah if I lived at my parents house I would be wanting to look all the time!

That is a lot of money especially when you haven't budgeted for it! I have seen a few at weddings fairs that I have been to I think they started at around £900 but I have no clue what that included, hopefully you'll be able to find someone that's cheaper!

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

Just wrote out my invitations today! Getting very real now! 17 weeks ? how is everyone else getting on?

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

It's getting so close now!

I'm finishing my invitations this week, i've got all my trials booked for hair, make up, seamstress etc for early next year, got to get all the boys in for their measurements to be taken for suits by the 3rd week in Jan, we had our meal tasting last weekend which was yummy!

Once Christmas is out of the way it will be full on wedding stuff! Most of the things are sorted just need to sort the last minute things out next year!

Can't believe that in just over 4 weeks it will be the year that we're getting married and only a few months till the wedding!

• L
    Beginner March 2018
    LuxuriousPinkCakes651 ·
    • Hide content

Only 11 weeks to go until April, how are you all getting on and what do you still need to do? I’ve got lots of things I need to finish and finalise so it’s all starting to feel very real. Boys are being measured for suits next week and I have my first dress fitting soon so I’m having to try and undo the Christmas damage. Who though getting married early in the year would be a good idea ?

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

How is everyone doing and feeling? Has excitement or nervousness hit? I'm currently suffering with a wave of sheer panic!

• S
    Beginner April 2018
    shanmia35 ·
    • Hide content

April 26 and excitement for us! Got our table name cards last week and picking up our inscribed rings tomorrow. So close now!

• L
    Beginner March 2018
    LuxuriousPinkCakes651 ·
    • Hide content

Only 5 weeks and 5 days for me. I’ve been quite organised up until now but starting to panic about the amount of stuff we have to do the day before as we are decorating the venue ourselves and as I used to work as a florist I’ve decided to do all my own flowers so I’m starting to think I may have over committed my time but I can’t do anything about it until we can make a start at 8.30 on the Friday morning ???

I hope everyone else is getting on well and enjoying their planning.

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

We've got one week more than you LuxuriousPinkCakes651 before our big day and we're doing the same, decorating the venue ourselves. I'm super nervous about getting it all done, I've had to give up on part of my idea because it was working out too expensive. I'm sure we'll manage it all though! My nanan is doing my flowers with me and my mum too, were using some fabric flowers so there is less to do in the few days before! If you think of any handy tips, let me know x

• S
    Beginner April 2018
    shanmia35 ·
    • Hide content

How’s everyone doing??

• M
    Beginner April 2018
    MissPlaced ·
    • Hide content

Hi all.

I'm a late comer to this topic. I'm getting married on the 16th April. Only decided to get married in late January, so still a few things left to arrange, but have the majority done now. Was going to be just a small wedding in a registry office with 6 guests and some how it's gone up to 70 guests! It's deffinately keeping me busy when not at work!

I hope everyone is enjoying the run up to their wedding!

Have fun xx

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

You've done way better than me I've still got a couple of things to sort and I've been planning for two years! It's amazing how guest lists multiply isn't it!?

We get married next month everyone!!!!

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

How's everyone getting on? I have three weeks to go and everything is in hand, but I'm in work, totally distracted and wishing it was closer!

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Nearly there everyone! Now all I'm stressing about is the weather!! Come on Easter tell that beast from the east where to stick it!

We've just had so much craziness in the last week but hopefully we now leveling out lol!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics