Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsR2B18
Beginner April 2018

April 2018 Brides (or Grooms)

MrsR2B18, 8 of August of 2017 at 15:03 Posted on Planning 0 56

Just thought that as we're only 8 months away now i'd start our own planning thread for April 2018!

I'll try and keep up to date with the dates and names so if you put your date in your first post and I will add to the list!

I hope everyone's planning is coming along well Smiley smile

31st March - PinkCakes651

1st April - TheNewMrsChan

5th April - RomanticBlueCakes716

6th April - MetalBride

19th April - Jayjay84

21st April - MrsR2B18 and RomanticPurpleDecor759

26th April - shanmia35

27th April - FutureMrsO'L and April2018Bride

56 replies

Latest activity by MetalBride, 21 of March of 2018 at 06:58
  • R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

5th of April, everything that can be done, is done! Just have to keep saving to pay for it all!

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have added you to the list! Same with me planning wise, we have our engagement shoot on the 25th of this month, then it's my hen do next month and then my dress will come in in October so lots to look forward to over the next couple of months!

• Jayjay84
    Beginner April 2018
    Jayjay84 ·
    • Hide content

19th April for me, it's coming round quick!

dress is ordered and just looking at DJ's and need to give notice! x

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've added your date!

I know it's coming round so quickly! Started off on the forum with 908 days and now it's down to 255 days! it will be here before we know it! I started planning and had everything sorted early so I haven't had much to do for a while so it seemed so far away but starting to feel real now and I think once my dress arrives I think i'll realise how close it is!

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Y

We had our engagement shoot a few weeks ago, so excited to get the pics back! Where is your hen do? We are going to disney in Paris at the start of March, can't wait!

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I bet you can't wait to see the pics! I'm not brilliant in front of the camera so could be interesting when the photos come back!

Oh lucky you, Disneyland Paris will be amazing for your hen do! I bet you can't wait, what a fabulous place to have your hen do!

We're going to Bath, my lovely bridesmaid is organising it all as a surprise so i'm not sure what we are doing but I think a spa will be involved which will be lovely! It's caused a bit of stress though as two of the people coming fell out so two of the people going now aren't going to come but i'm quite pleased in a way as one of them was only coming because it was my cousin and she's not easy to be around so she probably would of annoyed everyone going!

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Why do hen parties have to be so bitchy! Probably best they don't go, you'll have a much nicer time without them! There are just 4 of us going to Disneyland, I've purposely kept it small as I just wanted to have a good time and not worry about keeping lots of people who hardly know each other entertained. I've only been to disney Hollywood in Florida, so I'm really excited!

I really do have everything done, had my dress since January, bridesmaids a few months ago, just men's suits to buy and then all the last minute stuff I can't do yet! busy planning honeymoon now, I'm so over wedding planning!

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

I bought my flower girls dress last night in the sale in monsoon, got an absolute bargain if anyone else needs one, check them out.

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

That will be so lovely to keep it intimate between the 4 of you! There's 9 of us going now, I've tried to make sure that I have a good balance of people and not people who are going to get so drunk and cause problems, this issue was between my aunty and another person going but as I barely see me aunty i'm not worried and it means my cousin isn't going which will be better for all concerned!

You'll love it, i've been to Florida a couple of times and that's where we originally wanted to go on honeymoon but decided to wait for a year so we can save and not have to do it on a budget, i've been to the Paris one aswell and it's so much fun and it's easier with it all being in one place, you'll have so much fun!

I can't wait for my dress to come in, I had some shoes already but i've just found another pair in the sale which i've fallen in love with so i'm excited about those! I sorted my Bridesmaid and flower girl dresses a few months ago and they both love them so that's pleasing, i'd hate them to feel uncomfortable in what they're wearing! We're hiring suits rather than buying and I thought my OH would leave it till the last minute but thankfully he got it sorted a few months ago and they gave us them at last years prices so they'll just go in January and get measured!

I've got to make the invitations over the next couple for weeks then there's not alot else to do untl the new year really. I've enjoyed planning but want it to be here now as I know theres going to be issues from my OH's side with people they expect to be invited so i'm not really looking forward to that!

Where are you planning on going on honeymoon?

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

H

We are going to Japan for honeymoon, it's a dream trip for HTB, seven night cruise and seven nights travelling around, going mid may, seriously excited! If we hadn't have had a very generous donation from the MIL, we would have waited as well. It's worth saving to do something amazing, if your planning a family, it will be your last chance for a long time!

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

: and I got my dress in a sample sale in January, it's so hard not to keep looking at it every time I'm in my parents house! I also have my shoes (irregular choice, glenda), probably more excited about those!

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

That will be an amazing honeymoon for you! I bet you can't wait! We're going to Italy for 6 nights so that we can at least say we went away, we're going to Florence for 4 nights and Venice for 2, I can't wait as I love Italy!

That will be the same with me once I take my dress home, it will be at my parents house and i'll just want to keep looking!

I love those shoes!

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticPurpleDecor759 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Our date is 21 April 2018, we'll be signing the contract this week (once it arrives in the post). Seems like a massive uphill journey to get to this point and colleagues/friends tell me there is more fun head (family politics, goalposts moving etc.). But anyway! It's starting to feel real now (eek!). I've found this forum so helpful though. Look forward to seeing more posts as the countdown progresses. Hen is booked for February, honeymoon is Greek Islands and Cyprus to arrive in time for a friend's wedding a week after ours.

• L
    Beginner March 2018
    LuxuriousPinkCakes651 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies, can I join you. Technically I'm a March 2018 bride but only by a few hours. I'm pretty organised with everything, we are having a small ceremony followed by a meal at a pub for our families then onto a local barn for a hogroast and disco. We have booked all the main things. I haven't shopped around at all as most of my suppliers are people I know. It's not the cheapest way to do things but it means I know who I am dealing with and know they can deliver.

i still need to sort out suits, invites and transport. My dress should be in by October and I am getting stuck into DIY'ing for the reception.

We are going to go skiing for a week after the wedding then planning a big honeymoon to Africa to go on safari in 2019 to tie in with OH's 40th

I hope you are all getting on well, I look forward to hearing how everyone is getting on

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Welcome date twin! I will add you to the list!

That will be a lovely honeymoon for you and then your friends wedding! Is your friend getting married in Cyprus? Sometimes I wish I had just gone abroad and got married as I think it would be far easier than the family politics that we have going on at the moment!

It really is starting to feel real for me aswell! I think these next 8 months will go so fast, especially with Christmas and new year inbetween!

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Of course you can join! Let me know the date and I will add you to the list! The forum has gone quiet compared to what it used to be so theres not many 2018 brides on here compared to 2017!

Your wedding sounds lovely! I think with suppliers it's always better to go with people you know or have been recommended as you know the quality of service will be how you want it and won't be worrying that something will go wrong!

I've got to start making our invitations in a couple of weeks, everything else is sorted really after that will it just be sorting everything with suppliers after the new year so will start to get busy then and probably that's when i'll start panicking!

Your honeymoon sounds amazing! We're doing the same thing with regards to planning a big honeymoon in 2019, we're going to Italy for 6 nights after the wedding and the the following year we'll planning to go to New York and Florida for our proper honeymoon/1st anniversary! It will be nice to have something else to look forward to once the wedding is over, as for the last two years my time has been consumed by planning so I won't know what to do with myself after the wedding!

• L
    Beginner March 2018
    LuxuriousPinkCakes651 ·
    • Hide content

I'm 31st March but planning to party until 1st April.

You sound like you have everything very well under control MrsR2B18, my family keep telling me it is too early to be doing things but I have visions of a mad rush after Christmas so I am ignoring them and getting on quietly in the background.

i need to make my mind up on invitations and make a start on them, I still haven't sent save the dates because BIL gets married next months so I thought I should wait until after that. Then sending invites after Christmas.

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

I will add you to the list!

Yes I have everything well under control, I had everything booked so far in advance! Everyone kept telling me I was booking stuff too early but the suppliers already had dates booked in 2018 so I didn't want to miss out and we got 2016 prices! Yes i'm like you I don't want everything to be a mad rush after christmas! I've got my mock invitations already sorted and i've been on a calligraphy workshop so I just need to find sometime when I can have time on my own and blitz through making them and then put the final details on nearer the time!

My hen party is a month today so that's exciting!

• T
    Beginner April 2018
    TheNewMrsChan ·
    • Hide content

You're all so organised!

We're getting married on 01 April 2018 and have got the venue and save the dates sorted and that's it. The biggest headache I'm having is finding accommodation for everyone. We went for a barn to get married and have the reception in which looks beautiful but has no accommodation...a hotel wedding may have been simpler!

I guess dress is the next thing to sort, I want to go shopping with my mum and bridesmaids but won't be seeing them until October so five and a half months until the wedding...cutting it a bit fine?

How do user names work on here btw? I can't see how to change the one it assigned.

• FutureMrsO'L
    Beginner April 2018
    FutureMrsO'L ·
    • Hide content

I am 27th April 2018 Smiley smile Finally starting to get things organised now & getting so ridiculously excited!xx

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Welcome! I'll add you to the list Smiley smile

To change your user name you need to go to my wedding planner and at the bottom click my account settings and it will come up with your details and you should be able to change it there.

Is the wedding venue far from where you live as if it's not far then i'm sure people will sort their own accomadation or drive or taxi there.

If you want a dress that has to be made, most dresses take around 9 months to be made so it wouldn't give you enough time, if you want to go somewhere that has them off the peg then you would be fine it just depends on what you go for! You still have the exciting thing to come of finding your wedding dress! You'll have a great time!

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'll add you to the list Smiley smile

Me too! I'm going to make my invitations next weekend as H2B is away so I can get sorted without him there! My hen do is in a month so i'm looking forward to that Smiley smile xx

• T
    Beginner April 2018
    TheNewMrsChan ·
    • Hide content

Thanks MrsR (this is RomanticYellowFlowers866).

I'm so looking forward to dress shopping! I don't live in the UK but I really want to go with my family. I wasn't planning on having one made so hopefully I can get an off the peg one tailored in time. I'm lucky to have a twin sister who I'll send as a body double to fittings if necessary ?

Do you know what you're doing for your hen?

• S
    Beginner April 2018
    shanmia35 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all, 26 April 2018 bride-to-be here!

Have the venue and dress sorted - that's it! In my defence, my fiancé and I are moving house this week so everything's sort of on hold!

looking forward to hearing about everyone's wedding plans!

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'll change your name on the list!

You'll be fine then if you want one off the peg, that will give you time to get it altered aswell, there are lots of shops that do off the peg like wed2b or the sample sales are always a good place to look in the bridal shops! It will be lovely to have your family there and that's lucky to have a body double ?

Where are you getting married?

All I know is that we're going to Bath and I think there will be some kind of spa and I think they have some activities planned but apart from that I have no idea! So it will be exciting to find out what we're going to do!

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Welcome!

I don't envy you that! Luckily we bought a house last year so we didn't have to worry about that this year!

You still have plenty of time and the venue and the dress are the main things, all the other bits will fall into place!

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

6th April 2018.

The things we've still got to do are shirts and ties for groomsmen, pick pie flavours, book a bus and finalise the decoration for the venue. Everything else is organised, my fiancée and his friends are making the buffet a few days before and I am going to the flower market the day before with my nana as she's making my bouquet.

Wow I sound pretty organised actually, invites go out after the final pie flavour is agreed upon, we try them on Thursday :-)

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

Hey April brides, when are you sending out your invitations?

• L
    Beginner March 2018
    LuxuriousPinkCakes651 ·
    • Hide content

I'm waiting until the new year to send mine out because I need the pub to confirm their menu so I can send it out together. To be fair I still haven't sent my save the dates. I should probably think about doing that.

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'll add you to the list Smiley smile

You are very organised! I'm exactly the same! Feels like i've been planning for so long no, I can't wait for it to be closer!

I go on my hen do next weekend so i'm looking forward to that and my dress is supposed to be coming in next month so that's exciting! I played around with my invitations at the weekend so I can start making them soon!

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm going to send mine out in January, I don't need the final numbers until 2 weeks before, I have to give an idea of numbers 8 weeks and when I met with my wedding co-ordintor she said January will be fine, I was going to send them out in December but I think with Christmas people might forget to rsvp and i'll be chasing them all! We only have about 50 people coming to the day and most people have already confirmed anyway so I will just need their menu choices, we're not doing a menu tasting until November so I can't send them till after then anyway!

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

We have people coming from overseas so we're giving lots of notice!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics