Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2019

2019 Wedding

MimiLouise88, 13 of March of 2017 at 14:34

Posted on Planning 125

Hello, I'm new to the forum and also wedding planning as we are only recently engaged! I just wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of a 2019 brides thread, if one exists? Thank you! x

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and also wedding planning as we are only recently engaged! I just wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of a 2019 brides thread, if one exists?

Thank you! x

125 replies

• R
    Beginner September 2019
    RomanticPurpleConfetti942 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I'm a September 2019 bride! We still have 18+months to go but I think it'll be here before we know it.

I'm an organised person so we've booked our venue and registrar.

Booked a photographer

Decided a day list and sent save the dates out.

Booked a photo booth and krispy Keene doughnut cart

And finally I got my dress. I try not to think about that cos it makes me nervous.

Good luck all

• E
    Beginner February 2019
    EBride2B2019 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I'm also joining the 2019 brides! We've booked venue and registrar for 17th Feb 2019 I'm so excited but also overwhelmed with a complete mixture of emotions ? I know Its a year away but I'm sure it'll be here before I know it eeeeekkkk

L.p.s haven't told anyone yet that's we're even thinking about marriage it's going to be a big surprise ?

• S
    Beginner July 2019
    Sammyf2970 ·
    • Hide content

I am a 2019 bride to be too Smiley laugh 5th July 2019 at Rutland Water!

I have booked venue, sent save the dates and found my dress! Starting to worry about the other bits now! Everything costs a pretty penny once you use the W-word!! xx

• S
    Beginner July 2019
    Sammyf2970 ·
    • Hide content

I am a 2019 bride to be too Smiley laugh 5th July 2019 at Rutland Water!

I have booked venue, sent save the dates and found my dress! Starting to worry about the other bits now! Everything costs a pretty penny once you use the W-word!! xx

• L
    Beginner November 2019
    LuxuriousIvoryConfetti70254 ·
    • Hide content

Mee tooo Nov 2019

Booked the below :

Registrar

Hair & Make up for me and bridesmaids

Wedding bands

Photographer

My brothers having my dress made for me

Designed our save the dates

Organised our childcare

Booked the magician

Booked our chair covers etc

Alot of mine is included in the package our venue has put together

XX

• L
    Beginner September 2019
    LuxuriousRedDiamonds744 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 2019 in bride. Get married in September started planning last year so far got

The venue

Flowerist

Photographer

Make up artist

My dress

My ring

Photobooth

And registrar

Start on making invites this summer ☺

• F
    Savvy August 2019
    Fairy5 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Me too! 30th Aug 2019 Smiley smile I'be booked band and caterer and paying venue deposit tonight. I thought I was being super organised with that but you've all put me to shame having organised so much more already! Do I need to be booking registrar and sending save the dates now?

Ta

• R
    Beginner August 2019
    RomanticRedStationery20483 ·
    • Hide content

August 3rd 2019 for me! So excited. Venue pencilled in, meeting in late March! When are you asking bridesmaids, speakers, readers etc? Smiley smile x

• L
    Beginner May 2019
    LuxuriousPurpleBride60001 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, i'm a 2019 Bride Smiley smile 17th May so excited!! ?

Venue booked in Hertfordshire and working getting the invitations out soon

I'm struggling to decide on our DJ and live entertainment, one is the same my sister used which was amazing but the other is a bit cheaper and closer to our venue! this is harder than deciding on our venue which we loved straight away haha

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I don't know how you all do it without getting stressed out. My sons wedding 2 years ago I didn't have to do a thing only turn up Smiley smile but wedding planning for my daughter's August 2019 wedding is seriously stressing me Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner June 2019
    Sophs_90 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I'm a 2019 bride and have been pretty organised. There's no shame in securing you're favourite suppliers super ahead of time. It means you get exactly what you want and you're spreading the cost a bit more.

We have the venue booked for July and have also booked:

Registrar

florist

photographer

my hair/makeup

cake

HOWEVER

Today we went to check out some nearby accommodation to reserve some rooms for family but turns out our wedding weekend is potentially on the same weekend as Goodwood (even though dates wont be released officially until Dec). The hotel we wanted and others nearby have contracts with the event so will not let you book AT ALL!

We've been advised to bring the wedding date forward slightly but I'm panicking that A) I'll lose deposit money and B) not all the suppliers will be free on the alternative dates..

I thoroughly recommend while looking at dates to research any kind of events or festivals that could happen around the same time that could affect accommodation and traffic. Don't make the same mistake I did Smiley sad the venue didn't warn us this while we were booking.

Wish me luck while I reorganise my entire wedding! ?

• M
    Beginner March 2019
    mrsmasters2319 ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I'm also a 2019 bride - getting married 2nd March!

Good luck everyone with wedding planning Smiley smile

• WinkOfPink
    Beginner February 2019
    WinkOfPink ·
    • Hide content

Another 2019 Bride here too!!!? Saturday 23rd February is our date. We got engaged on Valentine’s Day and less than 3 weeks later had our venue and registrar booked! I’ve already ordered our save the dates and felt I was turning bridezilla by researching everything wedding related from the photographers right down to table cards.... but now you ladies have made me feel normal! (Albeit slightly unorganised) ;-)

When is everyone buying there dresses? We’re just under 12 months away but I don’t know if it’s too soon to be looking?! Also has anyone found any helpful wedding planning books or apps?

Xx

• BristolBride2812
    Beginner July 2019
    BristolBride2812 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone!

I’m a 2019 bride too! We’ve been together since we were 14/15 now 26/27 so can’t wait for the day, feels like it has been a long time coming!

Our date is 28th July 2019 - a Sunday which some people seem to find a bit odd but I didn’t see any reason not to go for a Sunday (and our current anniversary is on 28th Dec so I wanted 28th).

We have booked our venue, photographer and florist. We have a family friend making the cake and I’ve just booked a date for dress shopping with my MOH and BMs!! Super excited ☺️

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Wahoo! I'm a 2019er too!

We got engaged on holiday last month, I'm aiming to have the venue booked and date confirmed by early April so we can get down to business with things like making invites!

Looking for end of August (after the BH!) or early Sept.

Band is sorted - my brother plays in an awesome one.

Walking down the aisle music - will be little bro again on an acoustic guitar!

Bridesmaids/ushers/best men (yep, he's having 2) have been asked.

Stepsister in law makes amazing cakes.

Ex-boss also does wedding photography!

So feeling pretty organised at the moment Smiley smile

Congratulations everyone! x

• LittlePea19
    Beginner June 2019
    LittlePea19 ·
    • Hide content

Woop finally booked!

25th May 2019 which is the bank holiday weekend Smiley smile just need to work out some Save the Date cards

• H
    HappyPurpleCakes8942 ·
    • Hide content

A perfect wedding always needs a proper plan to make your wedding last forever. In my opinion, Rachnoutsav weddings are the best wedding planners in India.

• H
    Expert September 2019
    • Hide content

Oh my god, we've only booked our venue!!!

19th September next year, can't wait! X

• R
    Beginner July 2019
    RomanticYellowBridesmaid25446 ·
    • Hide content

July 2019 for us! So many of the vendors are already booked on our date so we’re having to get a lot booked quite quickly. So far we’ve got the ceremony, reception and photographer (after 4 attempts we finally found one that was free). I tried to contact a harpist for the ceremony but she’s already booked up!

Absolute madness!

• H
    Beginner April 2019
    HappyBlueHair861 ·
    • Hide content

Same as us. We’re both teachers so have decided on 12th April next year as that’s a Friday. For our venue it’s a bit cheaper as it’s a Friday and within holiday (and not the 13th).

• B
    Beginner November 2019
    Bijou_B_2019Bride2Be ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We are also getting Married in 2019! 2nd November. Very exciting as we have now booked our venue!

Any other November 2019 brides here? xx

• mrsbrown220219
    Beginner February 2019
    mrsbrown220219 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh, the day after me!

I bought my dress in February, exactly a year to the day of our wedding.

Today I have ordered our cake topper, hair accessories for me and sweet table jars/scoops/bags. I’ve already made up the majority of our wedding stationary, bought the bridesmaids dresses and ordered the cake, flowers, chair covers and centrepieces.

Starting to feel it all come together now! :o)

• LittlePea19
    Beginner June 2019
    LittlePea19 ·
    • Hide content

So rather small issue with our exclusive use venue.... a previous employee hadn't booked a wedding in correctly, we were DOUBLE BOOKED!!!!? So we're no longer the 25th but at 2pm on 1st June. But they looked after us really well with some extras and a discount thrown in for the hassle!

Lets hope that's all the stress done with and everything else will do smoothly Smiley smile

What's booked:

Venue - comes with Sweet Cart, DJ, Toastmasters included

Registrar

Photographer

Hair Dresser

Photo Booth

Bridesmaids have been asked and all said yes! As has Best Man and little page boy (He'll just be 3 at the wedding)

Mum has started making invitations

Save the dates purchased (and a few given out)

I've also booked my dress shopping appointment and found a lovely lady for a makeup trial. So its all coming together!

x

• H
    Expert September 2019
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my goodness, what a stress! Glad you were able to sort it out though - had you booked anything for the date already? Or were they easy to move?

Sounds like you're pretty organised! I've just confirmed photographer and photobooth in the last week, and ordered skirts for the 6 bridesmaids.

We just need to nail catering now, and then that's all the big stuff sorted.

Feeling pretty chill about the whole thing at the moment - can't wait to go dress shopping in October! I've somehow resisted trying anything on at a fair up til now! X

• K
    Beginner June 2018
    Kellydooey0921 ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

Here's my wedding checklists?

Venue

guests list

photographer

videographer

ceremony decro

Save the date cards

Make up artist

Wedding transport

flowers

cake

band

Wedding dress and dresses for my bridesmaids

• A
    Beginner June 2019
    AmyLouise93 ·
    • Hide content

Helloo!

I'm also a 2019 bride! We're getting married 1st June Smiley smile

Everyone else seems super organised!

I have a question and was wondering if anyone could help me out. We're getting married in the Lake District (We currently live in Kent), my family are also all from the south as well as a majority of my partners. When should we be sending out invites as a lot of people are going to have to book hotels/B&B's etc for at least 2 nights!

I was thinking sooner rather than later so no-one gets stung with expensive rates.

Any help on this would be much appreciated and congratulations to all you wonderful brides!

Smiley smile x

• H
    Expert September 2019
    • Hide content

Eeeep! I have one year to go TODAY!!! So excited ?

We're having Thai food (we got engaged in Thailand) and champagne tonight to celebrate our pre-anniversary, and going to a flower market to get ideas tomorrow!

Hope everyone's planning is going well! X

• Sopho
    Beginner April 2019
    Sopho ·
    • Hide content

19th January, everything is going to be very last minute! I would have been happy with getting married with just family there but fiance has pushed for more of a party and isn't even interested in planning it yet, typical!

• S
    Beginner October 2019
    SunnyGoldStationery191019 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all!

19th October 2019 for us!! So far I have Venue, save the dates, invites (homemade), I have an idea on my dress and my bridesmaid dresses, band are booked, church is booked, and decorations will all be DIY xx

• R
    Beginner July 2019
    RomanticBrownConfetti30501 ·
    • Hide content

Hi wow well 2 weeks ago we have decided to finally get married after 10 years together.

Both our parents health are deteriorating fast. So we thought now is the right time to do it .

We are booked in for 30th july. Its a small ceremony (23 of us) at a local gorgeous art gallery.

The haworth its called.

The theme is hessian,lace,sunflowers and sage.

So far we have

Booked venue

Booked venue decorator

Booked registrar

Got dress (monsoon corrina dress £45 bargin)

Cake is going to be a m&s large carrot cake and lots of mini cupcakes

Still cant believe its happeningSmiley smile

• M
    Curious September 2019
    Missus_Mop ·
    • Hide content

Mine is 14th September, 2019! Just under a year to go :-) xx

• H
    Expert September 2019
    • Hide content
    View quoted message