Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2020

Any 2020 Brides out there??

SunnyGoldConfetti573, 10 of March of 2017 at 19:32

Posted on Planning 68

Hi. Been looking in here for ages Finally got the ring a couple of years ago and now we have set our date ?????? We are just sorting it with our chosen Church ?? then all go go go I hope. Looking at July 2020. Am I too early to plan or anyone else in same year? Hope to hear from you lovely lot Oh...

Hi.

Been looking in here for ages Finally got the ring a couple of years ago and now we have set our date ??????

We are just sorting it with our chosen Church ?? then all go go go I hope. Looking at July 2020. Am I too early to plan or anyone else in same year?

Hope to hear from you lovely lot Oh and I'm a North East Bride

eeeeeek!!!!

xx

68 replies

• EastLondonBride
    Beginner June 2021 North London
    EastLondonBride ·
    • Hide content

So what things are you planning to sort out this year? My list is

Wedding insurance

Venue

Save the date

Pinterest my heart out getting inspiration

Try to lose a bit of weight and shape up

...planning to start the dress search early 2019

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti853 ·
    • Hide content

We have booked the venue (caterers come with it), booked and paid registrar, paid wedding insurance, paid deposit for cake and photographers. Will do save the dates towards back end of the year. I’m losing weight, will start the dress hunt early 2019

• B
    Beginner September 2020
    Bridetobe.14.09.20 ·
    • Hide content

We've just booked for September 2020 and I can't wait, I've waited 13 years for him to propose so I've already got SO many ideas ? 2020 will soon be here! How are you getting on with your planning?

• H
    Beginner March 2020
    HappyBrownCars1345 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 2020 Bride too. Got engaged in June and have the venue, photographer, and registrar booked already. Everyone keeps telling me I don't need to do anything yet. We have organised save the dates, invites, table plans etc going to look at dresses this weekend to get an idea of styles. Looking into entertainment cake and flowers at the minute.

• K
    Savvy December 2020 East Central London
    kentgirl2020 ·
    • Hide content

Hey all

2020 bride here too, we got engaged 4 months ago - we're keen as you can tell!

I've already started a lot of planning & getting a bit sick of 'oh but you have 2 years yet' - yeah 2 years to nab all of the best people before they get booked up!!

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    • Hide content

I went to the national wedding show this weekend for some ideas. Had a great time with my bridesmaids. Found some stationary suppliers with some amazing stuff, my bridesmaids choose some dresses, think we have a colour scheme.

just under 18months until the big day, we will get our save the dates on order soon and they will go out just after Christmas I think as it’s Easter Saturday wedding so a potential holiday time for people

• B
    Beginner February 2020
    Buttercup1991 ·
    • Hide content

2020 bride here too! We got engaged in January after being together 7 years, and finally set a date and booked the church last week ? Can't believe how much there is to do, or the cost(!), but very excited!

• E
    Beginner June 2020
    Essexbride662020 ·
    • Hide content

2020 bride here too. We got engaged in July and wedding is booked for 6th June 2020. I thought we were super early but 2 of the Saturdays in June were already taken at our venue.

Have booked cake maker, seeing photographer and DJ next week.

very excited!!!!

• W
    Beginner February 2020
    Wolff.Hall ·
    • Hide content

I’m a 2020 bride! September to be exact!

We will be getting married in NYC and I’ve already started planning! Never too early as far as I’m concerned! Thankfully I know someone who has got married in NYC and she’s been a great help, invaluable really. Good luck to all planning for 2020!

• A
    Beginner September 2020
    AquariusBride ·
    • Hide content

Hey I'm in the 2020 club for our wedding ? I've already booked the church and on with searching for venues! So much to do and I'm trying to do it all now! Are you lol? It's so exciting but at the same time, it has completely took over my life at the minute haha. Congratulations btw! X

• M
    Beginner October 2021 Berkshire
    Mrse-Htobe210 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations everyone!
    I have been a lurker for a while and can now finally join in! Engaged in June 2018, been together 4 years, live in Berkshire and date is set for October 2020 with venue booked and bridesmaids & best man asked.

This might seem quite keen however I am a Wedding Coordinator at a 4 star hotel so organisation is in my bones ? not looking at doing any more planning until later next year.
    Also always happy if any of you want advice about venues or coordinators from someone in the industry ❤️ xx
  • E
    Beginner July 2021
    emily00 ·
    • Hide content

Got engaged in July, wedding booked for Good Friday in 2020. Went to a few venues and fell in love with our 4th. On the surrey/Hampshire border, recommended by a friend. Everywhere was getting booked up already and having family who work in schools and little bridesmaids meant we needed a day to suit all.

Caterers came with the venue but I've chosen not to meet until January.

DJ booked as he's a friend and my MOH mum is making our cake.

1 bridesmaid left to ask

I've also chosen 4 photographers to look at and will book them asap.

Save the dates designed and ready for printing in the new year.

Trying not to do too much before Christmas but can't help looking at dresses and Pinterest!

• H
    Beginner May 2020
    HappyBlueCars16479 ·
    • Hide content

We have just booked our wedding for May 2020 and I’m in full wedding mode ?!

I work in a bridal shop so it’s hard not to want to plan everything when I’m helping other brides with their big day!!

I can’t wait to get my dress, I’m going to try some on soon then finally purchase one at the start of next year if I don’t fall in love with one before that!

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    • Hide content

We had an appointment at home with a wedding ring company and purchased our rings!!

blew the budget completely but so excited.

• RomanticOrangeDecor39636
    Beginner October 2020
    RomanticOrangeDecor39636 ·
    • Hide content

We are planning on a 2020 wedding too!

October 2020. Been looking for over 2 months for a venue and really struggling. Smiley sad keeping my eyes out for a wedding fayre. Looking for something unique in the peaks.

• E
    ExpensivePinkCars40470 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all, I hope it’s okay to post this response but I a few of you might be interested in this opportunity. I work for the TV company Keshet Productions and we're looking for brides to be in the UK who want to lose weight in a healthy way. You’ll get to visit an award-winning wedding dress shop and try on an array of dresses for free. You would then also have a session with a qualified nutritionist come personal trainer – also for free! We’d pay travel expenses as well. We're filming in Jan (date TBC) and the footage will be used to make a pilot so it won't ever be broadcast on TV. Congratulations on your engagements and drop me a message back here, or email *****.*@*********.*** if you’re interested. Thanks!

• B
    Beginner
    Butterfly1712 ·
    • Hide content

Heyyyyyy

Just got engaged on Xmas morning! Planning May 2020 hopefullly! Found a church to get married in (I know super quick but my fiance really wanted that one) so now we are planning to look at venues and bring in our own caterers, decor and entertainment. Hopefully wont cost an arm and a leg!

xx

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    • Hide content

Sorting save the dates out at the moment, with a plan to get them out in the next few months. Need to arrange consultation with florist (she’s already pencilled is in). Also need to find a cake baker as our first cancelled due to relocation.

• BigYellowTaxi
    Curious August 2022
    BigYellowTaxi ·
    • Hide content

Were April 2020! It feels like i need to get a move on now its officially next year!

We have the venue which is a package so had the caterer included, photographers, my dress, DJ, and im working on flowers at the moment.

Has anyone else had issues getting quotes for flowers because of Brexit? I keep getting told prices could fluctuate up by 25% which really doesnt help when im on a small budget!!

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    • Hide content

Oh no, I haven’t heard anything about prices fluctuating because of brexit (with regards to weddings). I’m in touch with a florist, need to arrange a consultation with her so I will see what she says.

what date one april are you? We are 11th (Easter Saturday).

• M
    Beginner June 2020
    MrsLiuToBe ·
    • Hide content

June 2020 here!

My first wedding show in November last year scared me due to the amount of 'oh we're already booked on your date' comments! So we have booked our church, venue, photographer, band, hair and makeup.

It feels as though you need to be super organised for the big things and make those decisions quickly, but looking as though we'll have 12 months to spend on the smaller details!!

The dress hunt starts now....

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    • Hide content

Going to the post office today to check and confirm what stamps we need for our Save the Dates ? then the task of writing envelopes out!

• G
    Beginner March 2020
    GreenIvyRedBerries20 ·
    • Hide content

Can finally say 100% for sure that im going to be a 2020 bride.

we visited our top choice venue today and fell in love - so its official - march 2020!!!

Sorting the save the dates is the next task. Me and my partner live around 3 hours away from our family city, and have decided on a venue near us. We want to give everyone as much notice as possible as we are having a wedding far away (and its on a friday not the weekend)!!

my only reservation currently is having very few actually be able to attend. We have a decent list of around 70 who we would love to invite - but because its so far away... we have a minimum booking of 50 at the venue (package deal) but i suppose if we end up under that figure as its all paid for (and within our budget) it will not matter!!

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    • Hide content

I’ve booked in a hair and make up trial for March, they were recommended to me. If I like I will book them in. We have cake tasting on Saturday! Yummy!!

save the dates are going out next week! Feels very real all of a sudden.

Think we have found a band we like that come with a dj package. Just trying to get OH to agree!

And think I will gondress shopping beginning of April with my mam and sister. Need to get some more weight off before I do though!!

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    • Hide content

Oh and also have a meeting over coffee with a florist I have been following on Instagram booked for mid Feb, plus our initial consultation with our caterers on April 1st. Lots booked in for the next few months.

will be taking OH to the national wedding show in Feb at Olympia aswell

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    • Hide content

Met with a florist today. Just awaiting the quote. Anxious about cost with brexit in the way

• BigYellowTaxi
    Curious August 2022
    BigYellowTaxi ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for dropping off the planet! We're the 5th (Palm Sunday) so just the week before!

I've totally given up on flowers, we're on a budget and arent too fussed paying hundreds for something that isnt high on our priority list, but i do feel like the florists weve spoke to are taking the p**s! They all seem to want to charge £10-£12 for one tulip and some gyp in a milk bottle (we are providing the bottles!) so i think were looking at a real DIY route now.

Failing that, looks like itll be 90% flower free!
    Im doing so badly with planning, i cant be bothered with any of it! Theres so much choice with vendors i just cant make a decision.

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    • Hide content

Yes our florist quote was high but we are going with it. We can reduce it by £300-400 by removing something so will see what happens closer to the time.

we have booked a band ?

• S
    Beginner June 2019
    SunnyBrownBridesmaid93200 ·
    • Hide content

Long story short my finacee has a life limiting condition. We were getting married this June. We have now put it off till 20.6.20 due to her health. It looks like we might have to delay again.

So.... Ive been thinking. My venue is a beautiful woodland and meadow in leicester. The week after my date is currently free.

The venue has everything you might want inc camping area and a yurt + hot tub for 1st night and it allows fireworks and no "cut off" time. You also have 2 set up days not 1.

I was hoping their might be a bride looking for a June 2020 woodland wedding that wouldnt mind going half on the infrastructure, marquee loos generator etc. It turns out its not much more to hire for 2 weeks than one. If the cost could be spread over 2 weddings it save us both 1000s.

Please DM me if youd like more info to see if its a possibility for you.

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    • Hide content

We have just got the digital prints of our invitations. A few tweaks I think but otherwise should be good to go to print when we need them.

Taking my sister (MOH) to the venue next week as she hasn’t seen it. Looking forward to seeing it again. Then a couple of weeks later we will be back there but with my OH for our initial consultation with our caterers

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    • Hide content

Invitations have arrived today! Exciting!!

I am doing a calligraphy/brush pen/fancy writing course (4hr session) in a few weeks so hoping to learn enough to write names on them. Planning to send them out early July. Eeek!! Can’t believe we are less than a year to go

• E
    ExpensiveGoldCars23022 ·
    • Hide content

Also me !!! Smiley smile My date is 23.08.2020 Smiley smile I can't wait Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics