Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner April 2019

Cricket Themed Wedding

Cherrystar3, 30 of November of 2016 at 16:04 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi Ladies (and Gents),

I hope you are all well. I am new here so please bear with my while I get acquainted with you all. I got engaged in March 2016 and have booked our wedding venue for 27th April 2019 - yes it's far away - I'm impatient! But we wanted enough time to save to have our perfect day.

Our colour scheme is Navy Blue and White and we are having a cricket theme, with cricket score boards as our save the date and tiny cricket bats as our place names. However, there really isn't much online on a cricket themed wedding - I have pinned everything I can possibly find on Pinterest.

Has anyone got any thoughts or ideas on what we can do to make it a proper theme rather than just table names? Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated. I am also not scared of a little DIY.

5 replies

Latest activity by Swagger&Swoon, 6 of December of 2016 at 11:16
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Here you are for an idea, this from a wedding i shot couple of years ago although they didn't have a cricket theme it was just a mixture of sports

• L
    Beginner September 2017
    Lisa sofa ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

what a wonderful idea! Really unusual, I love it as a fellow cricket fan ?

how about using willow in your decorations, and maybe having an afternoon tea, sandwiches and cakes for your wedding breakfast. Cricket bat and score cards props etc for a photo booth.

happy planning xx

• C
    Beginner April 2019
    Cherrystar3 ·
    • Hide content

We have already booked afternoon tea instead of a three course meal Smiley smile great minds

We aren't sure if we want a photo booth, think it might be a bit outdated in 3 years time

just not sure what to do for our centrepieces, we are getting cricket bands engraved for our table names but not sure what to put with them Smiley smile x

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

Ah that does seem a tricky one as it's not a common theme, potential to be very cute though. Especially with the afternoon tea - very english!

For the centerpieces could you get some vintage cricket equipment and have it in a display? I'm really not into any kind of sport, but the few cricket matches I've been to the one thing that I remember is the pristine grass, could you have a grass centerpiece lol? Or cricket balls in a vase? Like this one but with cricket balls:

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Candles in the shape of the Ashes, tables named after the countries that play, or your fave cricketers. You could buy cricket gear from a sports store. I'm a cricket 'widow' so I'll ask the man when he's done with his shift.

• Swagger&Swoon
    Swagger&Swoon ·
    • Hide content

What a brilliant theme for a wedding! ?

For the centrepieces, how about incorporating mini stumps somehow? You can get them personalised as well. Here's a couple I've found as examples:

/mini-wooden-cricket-stumps/

https://getpaddedup.co.uk/everything-else/533-personalised-miniature-cricket-stumps-and-bails-set-for-event-achievement-anniversary-corporate.html

Or you can get a whole trophy, though it may be a bit small:

https://www.trophiesplusmedals.co.uk/Mini-Stars-Cricket-Ball-and-Stumps-Trophy.html

Not sure what the men are wearing, but here are some options for cricket ties, socks etc. There's also cricket tie pins and cufflinks, so you could really go to town if you wanted.

https://www.swaggerandswoon.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=cricket

Instead of a photo booth, is there scope for an indoor cricket net (with soft balls of course)? You get them with golf and it comes with a video screen so it looks like you're on the golf course.

There's so much you could do with this and so much fun! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics