Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

rachietown
Beginner July 2016

Kiss-proof red lipstick

rachietown, 23 of May of 2016 at 09:41 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hello. I had my makeup trial this weekend which was fantastic. I'm going for a Hollywood glam look with a red lip. My MUA suggested that I use one of my own lipsticks for the big day so that I can touch up through the evening as required and she will set it with powder (we used my Chanel Rouge allure for the trial.)

I have a ton of red lip sticks as it's my go to look, however, none of them are totally kiss proof and I'm worried about my new husband getting covered at the ceremony! Haha!

Can anyone suggest a good kiss proof red?

Many Thanks! x

6 replies

Latest activity by Karen84, 24 of May of 2016 at 13:20
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

I use lipcote over my Red Lipstick and it keeps it on for hours.

You can get it at boots and it's only a couple of quid Smiley smile

• NorthernLights
    Beginner November 2017
    NorthernLights ·
    • Hide content

I second Stephisaur,
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lipcote, Its amazing! I get mine from superdrug and I swear by it!
    All you do is apply your lippy, dab it on some loo roll (Maybe apply again and do another dab to ensure max coverage for your big day! ) and then apply the lipcote over the top.
    It stings a little the first couple of times you use it, but I recommend giving it a go!
    It makes your lippy stay on all day, even through kisses and eating!
    best part is - Its only about £3 or £4!! ?
    Ohhh you will have t let us know if you give it a go Smiley laugh

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I could have written this myself as I am going for a similar look and my OH freaks when I kiss him with lipstick on. I asked my MUA at my trial hoping she'd have some magic solution but she pretty much said it goes with the territory. I'm wearing MAC Ruby Woo which is pretty hard wearing generally and then I'll put some Lipcote over it. I'm also going to get a small packet of wipes that OH can keep about his person just in case!

I was also considering wearing the Kylie Jenner lipkit in 'Mary Jo K.' That really doesn't budge but it was just a tad too dark for the look I'm going for.

• L
    Beginner
    Lucy Jones - Make-up Artist ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I am a Make up Artist and would definitely recommend MAC Ruby Woo and to keep it on as long as possible I would use a lip liner to draw on the outline but also filling in the lips, as this gives a good base for the lipstick. Apply one coat of Lipstick, blot on tissue, apply a second and even third coat, blotting each time and finishing with a very faint dusting of a loose translucent powder, MAC do an excellent Prep and Prime transparent finishing powder. This will make the lips very kissable and the colour last for as long as possible.

If you need any other advice please contact me via my website: lucy-jones.co.uk

Good Luck Lucy Jones

• rachietown
    Beginner July 2016
    rachietown ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for all your suggestions!

I have just gone a bit mad and bought Mac Ruby Woo (lipstick and lipliner) Mac prep and prime transluscent powder and some Lipcote. I'm excited to try them out! Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner
    Lucy Jones - Make-up Artist ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic, and good for you, really hope you are please with the results.

Lucy Jones

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Nice one. I find that Ruby Woo has the added bonus of making my teeth look really white too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics