Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mellow_Yellow
Beginner May 2012

**~** Weekly Good/Bad Thread **~**

Mellow_Yellow, 19 of December of 2014 at 05:26 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 16

It's been forever since I commented on one of these, let alone started it, but I just couldn't resist!

Good - it's Friday!!!

Good - it's my last day of teaching, I can't quite believe that I've made it this far!

Good - weeks of Christmas discos, concerts and nativity has made me exceedingly festive this year.

Good - finally have all presents wrapped, cards posted, and tree dressed.

No bads from me, Merry Christmas Otters! ?

16 replies

Latest activity by pink & glitz, 20 of December of 2014 at 21:21
  • pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not doing any bads either -

Best good has to be someone finding OH's cousin after she'd been missing for ten days.

Good number two - my dress came in yesterday whoop whoop

Good number three - has kick started my stopping eating stodge and rubbish so I can get into it Smiley smile

Merry Christmas everyone xx

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

As always, hugs and vibes to all who need them x

good: it's the last day of term!

good: we're heading to Birmingham tomorrow via Surrey to go to the Xmas market and collect my son from uni

bad/good: going via Surrey to visit SIL who had her bowel and some intestine removed to try and rid her of the cancer. No idea yet whether it will work and she is very poorly. But it will be nice to see the family.

bad: I have a horrid cough so may not be allowed in Smiley sad

bad: lost my great-aunt this week. She was in her 90s but will be greatly missed

sorry, it's been a bit of a rough week!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Aaw Bekki - I've been so wrapped up in my woes that I hadn't picked up you were having such a rough time. Sending you internet hugs xx

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Hugs Bekki and well done MY. AFM:

Good - It's only bloody Friday! And there is food left over from yesterday's buffet

Bad - In a fair amount of pain still after my melee with a car. Pain isn't as bad, but seems to be spreading

Good - Quiet evening in as MF has his work's Xmas party

Good - Only two more 'get ups' before Christmas!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Good: only four weeks til the wedding now!

Bad: got a horrible cough and bad chest. Still, better now than in Jan.

Good: been temporarily (but hopefully leading to permanently) moved to a different role at work and it's much less stressful.

Bad: weather is grim here. It's very gloomy.

That's about it for me - not too bad here. As always, hugs to those that need them!

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Good- finished work for Christmas

Good- never have to go back cos half an hour after i finished for Christmas i was offered a new job. Went back to the office, booked enough extra annual leave to cover my notice period and then resigned!!!

Good/bad- I have to buy a car cos the new job isn't walkable from home.......but I've been kinda wanting a car for a while, just couldn't justify the cost.

Good/bad- it's nearly Christmas. Love Christmas, miss my family like mad

Bad- H's mental health seems to be declining again........feeling worried about that

Love, vibes and hugs to everyone who wants or needs them.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Hugs to all who need / want them

Good - it's Friday and nearly Christmas!!

Bad - I'm so poor!! I think my resolution will be to manage my money better!

Good - only 2 weeks til my best friend's wedding

Bad - I feel like the fat bridesmaid as the other 3 are all perfect little size 8/10 and I'm a 16.

Good - Mr and H are having a good week

Good - listening to Christmas songs at work and feeling festive

Hope you all have a super duper lovely Christmas!

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

A Bekki - that sounds rough Smiley sad

Good: Chrissy do tonight, we've all bought in the makings of cocktails and a couple of bottles of Prosecco for before we go out.

Good: (because I won't be doing the weekly G/B next week) we bring our little dogs home next Saturday!

Good: Father Christmas is coming next week. BOOM!

Good: Spending Chrissy at my Dad's which I haven't done in years - my bro's are coming too, we're going to go ALL OUT on chrissy cheer.

Good: Finished my shopping yesterday morning before work (god bless flexi time!)

Merry Christmas, you lovely bunch Smiley smile

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

Vibes to everyone that needs them

Good - We paid off our mortgage this week Smiley smile so very happy about that

Bad - I've been unwell the last two days and missed work today

Good - Christmas is coming and I'm getting excited

Slightly Bad - I felt too unwell to wrap all the presents on my last day off so still need to do that

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

Aww Becki, hope things get better soon. <hugs>

Good - wedding in two days and everything all sorted. Feel very organised. Xmas presents all wrapped and under the Yorkshire tree.

Good - finished work for Xmas. Been head hunted for a new job but not sure if I want it. Lots more responsibility and stress. Can think about it over Xmas.

Good - so far no-one else has been ill so the good health vibes from the otters worked!

Bad - FMIL still recovering slowly from her op but may not be well enough to make the wedding.

Bad - won't see pussycats for seven days so they spend Xmas at home being looked after by the cat sitter

hugs for anyone else who needs them. X

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Yay to the good stuffs, and boo to the bads everyone...

mine...

bad: been a knackering week n I'm feeling run down n started to get another sore throat...the last one landed me ill with 5 days off work, do not need that with Christmas a coming n cooking/putting up eight

bad: got a mammoth, I mean mammoth house tidying to do over the weekend but I feel bleugh

bad: having issues with my jewellers regarding getting my engagement ring back, won't be back before Christmas now which I know isn't that bad but it's upset me a wee bit, and after singing their praises I've got really p*ssed off with them now and as much as I hate confrontation n being angry it will have to show them some wrath tomorrow. Sigh.

good: cats are getting on marginally better following a very near rehoming incident which was proper emotional

im too tired to think of any more good which is a bit lame, window cleaner is coming tomorrow, be first time in about 8-10 months the windows'll have been cleaned!! Quite nice I guess!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Good - I've finished for Christmas!

Good - Up to see parents and sister tomorrow, plus Strictly final time!

Good - presents all bought and wrapped

Good - Went back to London for the Christmas quiz at one of my old hospitals, was lovely to catch up with loads of people.

Bad - Finding the current job tougher emotionally than I expected. Some families are going to be having a really sh**ty Christmas.

Bad - BT crap getting me down but I know I'm being ridiculous.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Hugs to those who have had rough weeks, sad to see there are a few :-(

Yorkshirekiwi, so pleased to hear you got a new job and don't have to go back, amazing news!

Bad:

work is so stressful that i'm giving myself asthma attacks again, and it's going to be crazy right up to finishing on Christmas eve.

Christmas weight is already a problem, and I have a bridesmaid dress to fit into!

Good/bad:

We have an insanely busy Christmas period planned, travelling to ny grandparents after work on Christmas eve, staying in a hotel for our first married Christmas as they don't have the space for us, travelling back on the 27th, then off again on the 29th to be bridesmaid (solo bridesmaid) on the 30th! Hopefully gonna be lovely, but not very restful

Good:

I pick up my bridesmaid dress today

I have all the pressies and this weekend will be a mega wrapping session

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Good- been requested to work on a big project by a head of this week- always nice to know you are being noticed at work.

Good- seen my best friend twice this week

good- I have wine

bad- life is still shitty outside if work and best friends!

Merry Xmas otters!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Bad update: cough developed into a full blown flu type thing. I had all sorts of wedding/Christmas/general household errands to run today and all I've done is lie on the sofa with a blanket going "urgghh".

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Sending you a hug bekki.

Good - it was my birthday on Thursday

Good - my husband got a knee operation yesterday and all is well

Good - all ready for Christmas, presents wrapped, food in.

Merry Christmas to you all x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics