Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner February 2015

16 weeks pregnant on wedding day...

joeyno1, 6 of December of 2014 at 11:08 Posted on Planning 0 8

Just found out that I am roughly 4/5 weeks pregnant, which if all goes well means I will be about 16 weeks on the day. I am still in a bit of shock, even though we were trying/not trying and have a daughter already, so not sure why! It was just not expecting it to happen so quickly I guess.

Not really sure what advice anyone can give, my main worry at the moment is my dress - it was a little bit big so would have needed taking in slightly, I am just praying that the extra bit of fabric is enough!

Has anyone else been in this situation? I am very happy and positive about it, just a lot of things going through my mind now!! xx

8 replies

Latest activity by HappyBrownHair5828, 13 of January of 2019 at 20:02
  • X
    Beginner December 2014
    xmasangel14 ·
    • Hide content

First thing Congratulations on your pregnancy!!?

With regards to the dress, don't worry too much, at 16 weeks the bump shouldn't be too big and if you say the dress is a little big, it should work out fine. I would advise you to speak to a stemstress though.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I agree, that at 16 weeks, your bump probably won't be very big at all, and depending on your dress style, you will probably get away with it, perhaps just wait to get it altered until a couple weeks before the big day - if possible!

You would have had your 12 week scan by then, who knows, you may be happy to announce the fab news on the big day! Take each day as it comes, and try not to let the last minute wedding bits and bobs stress you out, and just keep rested (if you are anything like me you spend more time asleep than awake during the first trimester)!!

Good luck with your pregnancy and wedding (and the dress)!

• C
    Beginner January 2001
    charlinc ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your wonderful news x Im sure if you speak to the seamstress she can put your mind at ease, most dresses can be let out a bit and if its already a touch big then you should be fine even if you are showing

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I was 13 weeks on my wedding day and I had no idea how much my body might change (first baby) so I had a corset back put in, which was great as I didn't have to worry about my changing shape leading up to the day. Is that an option?

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content

Also, hopefully you wont have any sickness if you'll be 16 weeks, but I was still in my sickness phase so my mum carried round snacks with her all day for me, so I didn't get hungry and therefore didn't feel sick. And depending on how tiredness affects you, you might benefit from sneaking away a few times for a sit down by yourself, as I found I was exhausted by the evening.

• J
    Beginner February 2015
    joeyno1 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for your lovely messages, they have been so nice to read!

I am going to my dress shop on Saturday for my partners suit fitting so can have a chat with them then. It is a 50s style dress that flares out so am hoping that any sign of a bump is under the flare out bit! I can't actually remember what I looked like at 16 weeks with my daughter which I feel bad about, haha.

My other half thinks we should keep it to ourselves and announce on the wedding day, I'm not sure I can stay quiet for that long!! Xx

• H
    Beginner April 2019
    HappyBrownHair5828 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I know your wedding was a while ago I was just wondering how it went with the bump and etc??

Thanks x

• H
    Beginner April 2019
    HappyBrownHair5828 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I know your wedding was a while ago now I was just wondering

how it all went with the bump etc?

Thanks x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics