Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I-go-by-many-names
Super April 2015

any registrars/lawyers? witness signing issue

I-go-by-many-names, 1 of October of 2014 at 16:56 Posted on Planning 0 3

After much deliberation I have come up with an idea for involving my mum in the wedding, she is going to be a witness. She can't hold a pen due to her illness so I have contacted the registrar who has advised that if she can't make a 'mark' then someone can sign on her behalf. It will be her name on the paperwork, but someone else's e.g. my brother's signature.

I am happy to compromise on this but later had a brainwave, what if I could somehow get a stamp produced of her name and she can 'sign' with that? That way she could make her mark and not have someone else do it for her. At a push I think she could manage to use a stamp with help. Does anyone know if this would be legal/allowed?

3 replies

Latest activity by yorkshirekiwi, 1 of October of 2014 at 22:30
  • I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Anyone?

• TheFutureMrsB
    Beginner June 2015
    TheFutureMrsB ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely idea! You could try Vistaprint :-) Just type in stamps in the search box

http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/signature-stamps.aspx?xnav=swsProductOnly_ResultImage

• VegasBride14
    Beginner October 2014
    VegasBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Check with the registrar!!

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, I can't help with the legality of using a stamp, but just wanted to say that I think that it's a lovely idea. I know it's been on your mind for a while, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you find a way to make this work that you are all happy with.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics