Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bamboo
Beginner September 2014

Veil to go with my dress *flash*

bamboo, 8 of August of 2014 at 17:42 Posted on Planning 0 4

I'm having this dress: /maggie-sottero?style=4MS843

Tried this veil on with the dress:

The bottom layer of the veil has beads that form a flower, which branch off from the scalloped edge, and isn't on the second layer.

I don't really know much about veils but do they go together or should I look for something else? I don't want a floor length as I've been to weddings when the bride has one and I don't like how they have to be rearranged all the time.

Should I go for something more plain?

4 replies

Latest activity by bamboo, 8 of August of 2014 at 22:48
  • L
    Beginner August 2015
    Lindsey-15 ·
    • Hide content

Your dress and veil are beautiful I think it matches perfectly! Smiley smile

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Love your dress, but I think you need a shorter more simple veil. Could you have one like this:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/103231223/veil-with-beaded-edge-and-scattered?ref=market

• bamboo
    Beginner September 2014
    bamboo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would prefer a longer veil since it will help cover the pigmentation marks on my back more.

• beccak
    Beginner September 2014
    beccak ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Pammy, the length of this one doesn't look right with the dress detail to me; it's ending slap bang in the most detailed part of the dress. It needs to be longer or (preferably) shorter I'd say. Is that 'fingertip length'? Maybe look for an elbow length one. This will cover up your bare back & shoulders but end higher than the detail on the dress.

• bamboo
    Beginner September 2014
    bamboo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the honest opinion. Only problems is that there is still a lot of detail at the top of the dress and having it at my elbow will still be the same. The detail only starts to thin out around my knees.

Maybe I will have to go for a longer veil so it doesn't cut into the detail?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics