Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sweetlikechocolate
Dedicated May 2016

which men in the wedding party should wear the same suits?

sweetlikechocolate, 26 of May of 2014 at 11:45 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi ya. I cant find any guidance on this anywhere and know that one of you lovely hitcheders will know the answer. I am trying to work out my budget for suits for the men in the bridal party (trying to see if I can stretch my budget to the tog I really want) , but am not sure if as well as the groom, ushers, best man and page boy are my dad and my HTBs dad meant to also be in the same suits or do they just wear whst ever they like? Also any suggestions for cheap but quality suit hire or purchase?

11 replies

Latest activity by Fairy5, 12 of July of 2019 at 11:14
  • S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Hi not sure on whats traditional but I know my partners dad will be in same suit and at other weddings the brides father has also been in same suit. We are using moss bross, of you have more than four suits the groom gets his free... thats with cravats/ties and waistcoats too. I think debenhams does the same if that helps xx

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    SunnyBrownDiamonds138 ·
    • Hide content

I was wondering the same thing? Dont know whether to get my dad the same suit??

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting my dad the same suit as he's walking me down the aisle and I think that traditionally they wear the same suit as the Groom, best man etc. I'm not getting a suit for OH's dad though - he can wear whatever he fancies.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here.

• D
    Beginner July 2014
    Daisyday ·
    • Hide content

Not sure what the rules are, but we are hiring for the same suit: groom, best men (two of them!) and Dad of bride.

Ushers and brother of the bride are wearing the same colour in the tie and will also have button holes.

• K
    Beginner October 2014
    katie80uk ·
    • Hide content

We have the groom,best man,1 usher,my dad and partners dad and my 3 year old son all in the same suits. Only difference is the groom will have a different coloured cravat to show he's the groom.

Hiring them from debenhams as they seem good quality and if you hire 5 the groom goes for free

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

None of them if you don't want them too. There isn't a rule as far as I know, most people seem to have the groom, ushers, best man and the two dads in matching suits. Wasn't for me though.

• Pandabarney
    Beginner August 2014
    Pandabarney ·
    • Hide content

We have hired suits for the groom, best man, father of bride, father of groom, ushers and best man. We hired from Debenhams and got 10% early bird discount and groom goes free.

• H
    HappyPurpleHair1339 ·
    • Hide content

Check out Gents garment retailers in Amravati have the best collection for the wedding.

• E
    ExpensiveRedCakes55014 ·
    • Hide content

I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog has nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again mens wedding suits

• F
    Savvy August 2019
    Fairy5 ·
    • Hide content

Yep also got suits for groom, 2 best men and both dads. We have no ushers so no one else needs one. Oh and my 3 year old nephew has the same waistcoat and a bow tie to match their ties.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics