Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2015

Flowers and table decorations

ExpensivePurpleDiamonds54, 22 of May of 2014 at 08:40 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi all, I am in the process of planning my wedding and I was wondering what kind of prices people have paid for their table decorations and flowers. I am not creative in the slightest so there is no way I would attempt it myself.

1 replies

Latest activity by Merigold, 22 of May of 2014 at 09:06
  • kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

I think it is a case of "how long is a piece of string?" - you can spend as little or as much as you like, depending on what sort of thing you want. I've seen some beautifully simple centerpieces and flowers for reasonably low prices, and I've seen some amazingly extravegant ones with price tags to match.

There are ways to compromise - if you are having several tables then you could alternate, big displays on some and low rise on others - the impact as you walk in the room would still be "wow" if that is what you are after, but the cost could be reduced by the smaller decorations on some of the tables.

Similarly, big displays around the room may look good, but check whether you can move them around to suit the whole of your day, not just one part of it, etc. It would be a shame to have spent money on a big display that doesn't get seen after the wedding breakfast, for example.

And of course, using flowers that are in season rather than those that have been flown half way around the world could also cut your costs.

I would suggest picking a figure in your budget and sticking with it, first, then get onto pinterest and get ideas of what you want. Then bang off as many emails to florists as you can with pictures to say "how much roughly for......." and take it from there until you get the mix you are happy with.

My budget for flowers etc is fairly small, but I am determined that it will have the look that I am after, one way or another and I won't be doing anything myself either as I don't have an ounce of patience for creativitiy!!

• Merigold
    Beginner June 2014
    Merigold ·
    • Hide content

My centre pieces/table decor are old sci fi books, wrapped in yellow ribbon, stacked beside a pretty bottle I wrapped in yellow yarn - Total cost about ten quid for the materials. Im no DIY person, but I could manage using a bit of washi tape and tyinga ribbon.

On the morning of my wedding we will stop at tescos and pick a few bunches of flowers to leave on tables and stuff - total costs - under 50quid

I did spend 80 quid on corsages and button holes from Etsy.

My bouquet I made myself using artficial flowers, ribbon and feathers for total costs of about 5quid.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics