Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2015

Bridesmaid dresses

ExpensivePurpleDiamonds54, 13 of May of 2014 at 08:51 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi all, I just need a bit of advice and help, I am saving money every month towards bridesmaid dresses, I have four of them and a flower girl and a page boy, I just wondered how much roughly people paid for their bridesmaid dresses just so I can get a rough idea of costs. xx

11 replies

Latest activity by MrsCWB, 13 of May of 2014 at 18:44
  • C
    Beginner January 2001
    charlinc ·
    • Hide content

I used ebay - flower girl dresses £24 each

Page boy suit, shirt, waistcoat, tie £20

adult bridesmaid dress £20

• MrsBoo
    Beginner November 2014
    MrsBoo ·
    • Hide content

We got ours from Debenhams when they had a 20% off event so they were about £90 each.

Flower girl dresses were from BHS also with 30% off event so they were £35 each.

x

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

This is a 'how long is a piece of string' question!

If you want formal bridesmaid dresses you can buy something from your bridal shop for £300 (or more) or you can go high street to BHS or Tesco (£50-60) or you can wait for the sales and halve these prices. If your bridesmaids are all size 10 and can wear anything and look fabulous you may be able to go for the inexpensive ones on ebay or amazon, though I suspect they aren't forgiving for different shapes and sizes.

Or you can go informal and get everyone matching day dresses, depending on your plans for the day.

I've gone the second hand/ex demo route and spent £70 on five dresses (incl some alteration fees), all different but within the same colour palette.

In short: you can spend as much or as little as you want!

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    LucyLastic ·
    • Hide content

£109 per bridesmaid - Monsoon, £55 for flower girl also Monsoon. We are hiring our page boy outfits from the same shop as the Grooms men as we wanted them to have matching top hat & tails.

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

Bridesmaids were £30 each and £12 for the petticoat

Flowergirl was £26

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

Just under £100 per bridesmaid (3 of them) thanks to a sale at Phase Eight. But as someone said earlier you can really spend any amount depending on what you're looking for in a dress, and where you're looking.

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

Mine will be coming from Ebay, 50's style tea dresses £30 each.

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

First time round I had Alfred Angelo bridesmaid dresses which were £110 each plus alterations (which thankfully were cheap). The page boys' suits were hired. I don't remember how much they were but they came from Moss Bros. I didn't have a flower girl.

This time I'm just having my soon-to-be step-daughter and we haven't bought yet. I've seen two I really like on the Dessy website but have no idea how much their junior dresses cost (she'll be 12 when we get married).

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

I have 2 bridesmaids of very different sizes. I wanted them in the same dress, but I wanted something that would look good on them both. In the end, I bought mine from the same shop I got my wedding dress and they were £175 each. I spent weeks online looking for dresses that even came in the right colour, never mind size! I had to be awkward in choosing my colour scheme!

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics