Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2015

Venue issues

ExpensivePurpleDiamonds54, 17 of March of 2014 at 13:03 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi all, I wonder if anyone on here can give me some advice please. Me and my OH found a venue to get married in, it was a hotel which we both loved, it felt right for both of us. Over Christmas I sadly lost my dad so we haven't thought anymore about the wedding. Now I have decided that I would like to get married in the church where my dad will be and then have the reception at the hotel, the only problem being the hotel is 45 mins away. I have discussed this with my OH who thinks this is too far away whilst my friends have said they don't think it is. Can anyone give me any advice. I have looked at places more locally to the church and they are all far more expensive and no where near as nice as the hotel we found.

9 replies

Latest activity by conway13, 17 of March of 2014 at 15:48
  • jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it is. Look at it this way, if you have photos etc at the church as all the guests make their way over to the reception venue, start having a few drinks and then you both can make your "grand entrance" after that if that makes sense.

• E
    Beginner August 2015
    ExpensivePurpleDiamonds54 ·
    • Hide content

I think m other half is worried about traffic or if there is an accident it may add extra time onto the 45 min distance

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

So sorry to hear about your Dad xxx

I'm having a 50 min gap between church and reception xx

• BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry about your dad.

I don't think it's too far at all. As a guest i certainly wouldn't mind

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    H3LEN ·
    • Hide content

Really sorry about your dad. I don't think it's too far away and if there is traffic well your guest will wait. The party won't start till you arrive. I truly think if you don't do it you will regret it, and maybe resent your husband for talking you out of it.

• lm1985
    Beginner September 2016
    lm1985 ·
    • Hide content

It really is not far at all. I recently had to travel over an hour just to go for drinks at a reception and it is worth it! Guests will understand why you want that church and will be prepared to travel to it and the reception. I think it is a lovely idea and obviously means a lot to you.

• E
    Beginner August 2015
    ExpensivePurpleDiamonds54 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much everyone for all your comments I really appreciate them all xx

• Perox
    Beginner October 2013
    Perox ·
    • Hide content

I got married a few months ago, and the distance between our church and the venue was about 45 minutes - noone said how far it was, and it was quite nice having that time alone with my OH! Though, we did end up having a rather interesting driver who chatted to us the entire journey, nearly had us killed pulling out in front of a lorry and was pretty racist with some of his comments - but we'll never forget it!!!

• C
    Beginner August 2015
    conway13 ·
    • Hide content

IM having my reception 13 miles from my church about 30 mins.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics