Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner August 2014

The Lowry Theatre, Manchester

RomanticOrangeBridesmaid107, 5 of February of 2014 at 13:59 Posted on Planning 0 22

Hi

Has anyone been to a wedding at The Lowry theatre or had their own wedding there? Would love to hear your views on the venue and food. Hoping to get married there this summer Smiley smile

Thanks

Clare

22 replies

Latest activity by JayneyB, 7 of February of 2014 at 20:38
  • Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I cant help but wowzer! thats sounds really cool!!! the quite the venue!!

• R
    Beginner August 2014
    RomanticOrangeBridesmaid107 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, yes it's a fab room with floor to ceiling glass windows and looks gorgeous with the fairy lights which you hire from them.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Looks stunning!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I'm in love with the venue but that's all I can offer ?

• R
    Beginner August 2014
    • Hide content

awww thanks DaffodilWaves. Have you been to a wedding there or you just think the pics look good?!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Just had a good ol' nose online now. Love all the fairy lights when the evening do starts. Would you get married in the theatre bit?

• R
    Beginner August 2014
    • Hide content

We are having a church wedding but you're right that would be fab! It's the compass room where we are having our breakfast and reception. They have a balcony which goes all the way around the outside of the room with fab views.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

That sounds wonderful!

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

I love the Lowry theatre, a little bit biased perhaps because I got engaged there ?. We considered it when we were looking at venues, it is absolutely stunning when it's set up for weddings, especially the fairy lights on the ceiling in the circle room as someone else mentioned. I went to an evening reception there about 2 years ago, I can't comment on the food though as I didn't try it.

• R
    Beginner August 2014
    • Hide content

Do you have any photos you could share ravioliruby?

• R
    Beginner August 2014
    • Hide content

It would be a wonderful place to get engaged, how were you proposed to? Where have you booked for your wedding?

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

When we first started dating, our 3rd date, OH took me to the Quays on a day out because I wanted to go to the imperial war museum (geeky I know). We had lunch in the Lowry theatre and then walked around the gallery and half way round he pulled me behind an exhibition for a sneaky snog (our first kiss) so it's always been pretty special so he planned our proposal in the same spot as our first kiss. (Anyone want a vomit bowl?)

We moved nearby so I actually walk past it every day now so it would've been a bit weird to get married right there on our doorstep I think! We're getting married at Worsley Court House.

• M
    Beginner September 2014
    MancBride ·
    • Hide content

We are having our reception at The Lowry Theatre - so excited! We fell in love as soon as we saw it. Can't help with food - but we know people who have been to weddings and events there and said it was good. They are having an open day next month with suppliers etc so that would be worth investigating

x

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

Haha, that would've been quite a kiss!

• JayneyB
    Beginner November 2012
    JayneyB ·
    • Hide content

Hi! I got married there on 10/11/12. And it was seriously the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!! The venue was amazing every step of the way although the planner Emily I think has left. Food was fantastic and we got some fabulous pictures! I certainly recommend it for somewhere 'different'. I'm more than happy to help with more info. xx Good Luck with the planning!

• R
    Beginner August 2014
    • Hide content

Us too. Great photo opportunities. When are you getting married?

• R
    Beginner August 2014
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your pictures look fab. Any others you don't mind sharing to help me with ideas would be a big help. We are getting married at church so it is just the compass room, which when you see if bare as great as the views are it is hard to imagine set up for day. How many guests did you have?

• R
    Beginner August 2014
    • Hide content

Ps the 10/11 is my birthday! Good choice!!

• JayneyB
    Beginner November 2012
    JayneyB ·
    • Hide content

Here's a couple more , if you send me your email address I can send you a few more, we have over 450 photos, I wouldn't want to bore everyone! Is there anything you wanted to see in particular? ? I'm still a bit obsessed with my own wedding!

• R
    Beginner August 2014
    • Hide content

Wow they are lovely. Love the mr and mrs sign in lights! I suppose ideas for where is good for the photos and how you had the room. Any other tips for the venue are appreciated. My email is

thats really kind of you it is ***********@*****.***

• JayneyB
    Beginner November 2012
    JayneyB ·
    • Hide content

The Compass Room…. & top table. we didn't have fresh flowers as i had felt flower bouquets so we went with candles...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics