Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

(Claire)
Beginner July 2011

Poll: Bed Frame v's Divan?

(Claire), 5 of September of 2013 at 15:51 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 18

Looking to replace our Divan but unsure whether to stick with a divan or go for a frame instead.

What do you all have?

Advantages? Disadvantages?

Go!

18 replies

Latest activity by Hasan2003, 9 of October of 2023 at 19:46
  • Sange!
    Beginner January 1997
    Sange! ·
    • Hide content

I'd go divan. Storage and no need to hoover under it. Every one's a winner.

• unexpectedpenny
    Beginner January 2013
    unexpectedpenny ·
    • Hide content

We have a bed frame. We're in a flat and wanted maximum storage underneath for all our millions of storage boxes!

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Bed frame for me, I think they look better but if you've found a divan that looks modern flash away.

I also think the storage drawers under a divan are a bit naff. Saying that we have nothing stored under our bed frAame because I hate seeing it!

• Rosco298
    Beginner February 2014
    Rosco298 ·
    • Hide content

We have a frame. Our house was built in the 1740's so you wouldn't get a divan up the stairs the frame comes apart so it was easy. I do have boxes underneath though I don't know where I'd put my shoes if I didn't.

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Divan. I like having the drawers for storage as we don't have a lot of storage space in our flat and I think it looks tidier and is less dusty than having boxes under the bed.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

We have a bed frame in our room, and a divan in the guest room. I'm no help, am I?!

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Guys.

Agree with Sange about not having to hoover which is a bonus, I also find with the bed frame that we have in the spare room I hoard stuff under it which I don't like. Another issue with the bed frames I've looked at is they appear to be a lot lower than a Divan and we have our TV positioned just so, this could be a problem if we chose a bed that was lower. I agree that the bed frames look better, but you can get some nice divans, once you've put your bed linen on and you've got a nice headboard I think they look fine. I wouldn't have draws with it though, we had one ages ago and I could never open the things, they always got stuck.

I think I'll stick with a divan, they are easy to assemble too!

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Our bed frame is really high off the ground

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Bed frame for us. I love it; lots of room underneath - we use storage boxes. We also got similar styled wardrobes and chest of drawers and they really compliment each other which I also love ?

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

We have a space-saver bed frame like this https://warrenevans.com/beds/?fgid=15 You can get drawers to go under it but we haven't, so it gathers a fair bit of dust!

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Ottoman beds are the BEST. I'd get another if we needed a new one

• MrsPenguin
    Beginner September 2011
    MrsPenguin ·
    • Hide content

Iron bed frame and I loves it. It's not low at all and therefore really easy to Hoover under too!

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

I much prefer the look of a bed frame. Ours has full sized drawers underneath so that saves on hoovering.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

We have a divan atm and ditching it for a bed frame, some lovely frames and so sick looking at the divan, plus I think storage stuff under a frame still looks better than those drawers, more room too Smiley smile

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

We have a low chunky wooden frame which I like but we had a metal frame which was really high and it was amazing and so pretty but H liked his bed better when we moved in!! I don't have anything under the bed as I think it looks better. Not keen on divans as i find them a bit old fashioned but you can get some pretty headboards now.

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

Divans hurt less if you bang your leg on them though. Something I do on a daily weekly basis.

• Foote2c
    Beginner December 2012
    Foote2c ·
    • Hide content

Metal bed frame which looks gorgeous and great for sleeping in, but is SO uncomfortable for sitting up in. Der, of course you sleep in it, what I mean is tricky to get comfortable to sit and drink your morning cuppa.

i do fancy one of those beds that the tv pops out of the footboard tho.

• E
    ExpensiveIvoryFlowers45902 ·
    • Hide content

If I were at your place i'll go for a frame but you should take reviews about bed frames and mattress and any other product you want to buy , whenever I want to buy or change my bed frames or mattress I got reviews and check whether should I change or buy something because the reviews over the products are amazing and helped me out about my query.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics