Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner October 2014

Grooms suits

Beefzoid, 22 of May of 2013 at 21:15 Posted on Planning 0 12

So the wedding is booked.. 19th Oct 2014 and being super organised I have done practically everything except from buying my dress.

OH wanted to know when should he organise suits? Well when should I organise suits etc and just let him know when to turn up!

12 replies

Latest activity by MrsI2Be, 25 of May of 2013 at 08:05
  • *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Doesn't he want to chose himself? MrMini had a very certain look he wanted so we spent about 3 days trailing round shops until he found something he liked, and he hates shopping! Typical him he couldn't find a suit he liked in somewhere cheap like Next or Topman though- oh no we had to go to Paul Smith ?

Are you buying or renting? I suppose thats the main thing to consider? How many men do you want to match and then what styles you like? I have not a clue about renting suits but I guess the popular styles may get booked up early perhaps?

• J
    Beginner July 2023 Buckinghamshire
    Judesmummy ·
    • Hide content

Most hire companies like 4-6 mths notice, but usually can accommodate last minute too. Hope so, my h2b still hasn't got his!!

• louise fisher
    Beginner July 2014
    louise fisher ·
    • Hide content

But it is better for you to get your dress firstly,and then go for choosing his...right?

As it is hard for finding out a desired dress,a month or longer to have it finished..

• E
    Beginner October 2013
    Emma158 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

As has already been said, it will depend on whether you are wanting to rent or buy. My OH is getting his made and they have suggested he go in 3 months before the wedding date to get fitted.

Emma

• Muesli
    Beginner June 2013
    Muesli ·
    • Hide content

We have just gone with Moss Bros for suits, and we left it till one month before the wedding Smiley smile and they allowed up to 2 weeks for everyone to go and get fitted for suits.

• Indiefluff
    Beginner August 2013
    Indiefluff ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married August this year. We are buying my OH a suit, just started looking last week. Now we've decided on a style I think we'll be buying one this week.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Similar to Mini, my boyo had quite an idea in mind- implementing it hasn't been easy and he is having a three piece made and he just got in in time- need about 15 weeks I think.

Really does depend on what he wants.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

He's having one made, awesome! Is he still going down the tweed route?

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love tweed men's suits!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Tweed waist coat, grey jacket and trousers, decent tweed was going to cost the earth so a compromise has been reached! If you fancy a ganders have put a pic of the materials in the august thread tho the picture doesn't do it justice.

• M
    Beginner January 1998
    MrsI2Be ·
    • Hide content

We are renting. OH went and tried some on to see what he liked, then we booked in Feb/March time (wedding is in june). Men had to be fitted 8 weeks before and suits will arrive 7-10 days before the wedding.

So excited to see my OH looking all smart in tails!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics