Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2013

Easel Help!

august-bride-2013, 15 of January of 2013 at 15:21 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi,

This may sound very random - but its one of those little things that are bugging me!

We are ordering our table plan from Paper Themes (its going to be Size: 594 x 841 mm - A1)

I'm imagining putting it in a nice white frame, but need something to put it on (an easel?).

Our venue is a marquee so doesn't have anything we can use - they do have an iron easel but I'm keen to find something white so it doesn't look out of place in our country theme?

Does anyone know where I could buy one quite cheaply?

Thanks

8 replies

Latest activity by august-bride-2013, 15 of January of 2013 at 17:16
  • Alice_In_Wonderland
    Beginner March 2013
    Alice_In_Wonderland ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting one of these and spraying it white (well, off white anyway!) with Plastikote spray:

http://www.quickdrawsupplies.com/shop/6-foot-adjustable-tripod-venice-artist-painting-and-sketching-easel-by-royal-langnickel.html

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    august-bride-2013 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! I thought of that option but to be honest I don't even know where to start looking.

I've never touched an easel in my life!

If I'm looking at the one your getting it might be a bit big for our table plan? or would that not matter?

Many thanks

• Alice_In_Wonderland
    Beginner March 2013
    Alice_In_Wonderland ·
    • Hide content

I'm hoping that, as it's adjustable, it will be ok! I think our table plan is roughly the same size as yours.
    I kind of assumed that the 6ft measure ment was from the floor to the very top, with the picture frame resting about two-thirds of the way up, putting it about 4ft off the floor at the bottom, which seemed about right to me!

Also, it's the cheapest easel/postage option I've found so far. I got bored of looking after an hour or so though & decided to just go with it! ? Not ordering it til the end of the month though, so if I find anything else in the mean-time I'll post here ?

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

Look for an art shop, you should be able to pick a wooden one up for £20 - £30 and you can paint it white.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Try Hobbycraft.

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    august-bride-2013 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all!

Found this. http://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/products-HobbyCraft-Sketching-Field-Easel_240541.htm

Does anyone know how you attach your table plan to that? Surely it needs a have a holding bit.

Sorry... like I said, never used an easel! :-(

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

There are 2 holders(little ledges) on each leg that can move up and down. and a bit at the top to keep is secure.

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

I do think however you can do better with price.

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    august-bride-2013 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. Ill carry on shopping around!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics