Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner January 2013

Cadbury Purple Wedding

SoontobeMrsM, 13 of November of 2012 at 20:48 Posted on Planning 0 6

I have been reading loads of posts but I am still not sure what to go for.

Decorations? How to decorate the room? I am not interested in having loads of stuff hanging around the house afterwards, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Flowers? Why are they so expensive? I juist want something really simple, and they still want to charge £50 for a bouquet? Has anyone got any tips on how to do this yourself? I like the idea of having a go at doing the bouquets and the button holes.

Cake? Don't get me started on this.........have decided on cupcakes, but I have not tasted one that I like so far, and don't have time to make them myself.

How do people cope, need a one stop shop for weddings lol

6 replies

Latest activity by Mrs Bass, 14 of November of 2012 at 16:50
  • R
    Beginner October 2013
    rachd23 ·
    • Hide content

Hello, I am having a cadbury purple wedding theme Smiley smile

I have gotten quite lucky as my MIL2B is doing the flower decorations and I am getting some silk bouquets as they appear to be cheaper.

I am making my own cake and cupcakes.

I have found that I am finding things all over the internet for bits I need but I am not going to buy too much stuff. I am doubling the favour boxes as place settings and then they can be used to take cake home in. I am however hiring the chair covers and they are doing the table runners and dimantes for me.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Here is a Cadbury purple wedding - hopefully will give you some ideas.
    You said you did not want to go over the top on the room, this is was just a table runner and the favours were actual Cadbury chocolate bars, ready raped in Cadbury purple

• S
    Beginner January 2013
    SoontobeMrsM ·
    • Hide content

Rach23

Wow you are doing loads of stuff yourself, I did not think it could just be me that wants to do this cheaper than what people are wanting to charge. I thought about doing the cakes myself but i think it might be too much, at the moment I am looking into doing my flowers and decorations. Let me know if you find any good websites

• S
    Beginner January 2013
    SoontobeMrsM ·
    • Hide content

Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon

What fantastic pictures, and love the button holes, they look fantastic. I just think that the cadbury purple colour agains white is fantastic.

I am certainly going to use your idea about the chocolate bars as favours :-)

• R
    Beginner October 2013
    rachd23 ·
    • Hide content

I don't want to spend lots of my wedding as we are also saving for a deposit for a house.

I have been doing an evening sugarcraft course to help with the cake decoration.

I am doing a bit month by month. I have found lots of purple things by typing into google. I have found a company called papermill who do lots of different coloured card.

There is quite a bit of inspiration on this website too.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you but to be fair it was the Bride and Grooms idea.

Glad I could help

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

It wasn't really our theme but my bridesmaids were in it and some of our flowers were

that was as far as we went though. out cake was baked cheese cake with raspberries on top. our tables all had something different on. ( there are photos in my report which you can get to through the links in my signature)

Oh and I save money on flowers by getting artificial ones!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics