Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HatTrick
Beginner September 2010

Cereals

HatTrick, 25 of September of 2012 at 17:24 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 33

What's your favourite?

Mine are Honey Nut Loops with Ricicles as a close second. I am aware that this makes me a child.

Also, how do you eat yours? Do you just eat the cereal an milk together? I have to swallow the milk first then chew the cereal, please tell me I am not alone in this???

33 replies

Latest activity by Mrs_imp, 26 of September of 2012 at 15:37
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I have a top 4 which i love ...coco pops, frosties, weetabix or crunchy nut cornflakes.....although if i am honest i never buy cereal.

I have had to slowly trained myself not to put extra sugar on top and put less milk in the bowl... As I could never drink the milk without adding lots of sugar...I also have to eat it quickly as if they go too soggy i just cant eat it!

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content

At te risk of sounding far too grown up, one of my favourites is Kellogg's fruit and fibre. I love anthing chocolatey (coco pops, wheetos etc), honey nut loops, frosties, golden grahams and lucky charms.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

SAME!!!!

Also any type of cinnamon in cereal gets a thumbs up from me.

I love lots of milk and am one of those mingers that drinks what is left from the bowl! My other half hates this and he only uses just enough milk that the cereal absorbs it all, which I find odd.

Oh and I love WARM wheetabix with sugar yum

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I only really eat Coco Pops when we have cereal. I eat them as lunch, dessert and snacks though rather than breakfast. OH eats healthy stuff like bran flakes ? I used to love Crunchy Nut Cornflakes but since living with Mr Allergy haven't had any in the house. God I have such a craving now I think about them...

Cereals are one of the things where I must have the proper brand, not a basics range. For years my parents tried ot fob me off with cheaper cornflakes and Coco Pops but you really can tell the difference. Same is true of Jaffa Cakes.

• saspip
    Beginner May 2012
    saspip ·
    • Hide content

Ricicles and Weetos. I have all my cereal dry, not a drop of milk passes my lips, ever. So it's essential I have cereal that is already sweet enough as the sugar slips off when you have it dry! I have tried numerous times to make this work with cornflakes. Now I just eat Frosties if they're going.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Frosties are my favourite, but OH tuts at me if I buy them, so mostly we have grown up cereal. Boring.

Always with milk, not fussy about picking stuff out/doing it in particular order.

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Bran flakes and blueberries with a tiny amount of milk.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Boring cereals for me. Bran flakes, weetabix, porridge. I have lots of skimmed milk and sliced banana/blueberries. We do always have honey nut cornflakes in for H though. He is a sweet tooth.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Depending on what mood I'm in, and so in no particular order:

Coco pops

Rice krispies

Crunchy nut cornflakes

Alpen (original)

I hate soggy food, so need to eat the cereal really fast before the milk fully soaks in, I also drink the milk!

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

Weetabix and porridge for me. With fruit. Especially blueberries. Mmmm. Porridge has to be made with water though, and weetabix can only have very little skimmed milk

as a child, my favourite cereal was Kellogs Start, as it was grown up. Now I'm grown up, it's too expensive!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, and I like porridge in winter. With milk though, because I'm a)English and b)impatient, so I either use Oatso Simple or just microwave my own. Can't be doing with faffing about on the hob for ages in the morning.

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

Dorset cereals really nutty. Or anything by Dorset cereals really, or any high quality muesli (that's not just dust with a couple of manky raisins.) I'm not a huge fan of kiddie cereals, but that's all H eats, nesquick cereal and honey nut clusters.

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

Currently eating a crunch nut type thing (can't be bothered to get up & check the packet!) it's bigger than the clusters (bit like the mini wheetabix size) with cheewy caramel pieces in!

Love Frosites with ice cold milk but they just aren't the same anymore - less sugar and verging on a cornflake! I can eat Frosties dry as a snack!

If I have cornflakes I have to add sugar.

I have my cereal with milk but don't drink it after I've finished the cereal - can't stand drinking milk.

Love Dorest Cereals Berries & Cherries but I have this with Goats yoghurt

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

My fave is Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and Weetabix. mmmmm.

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Shreddies! Back home we only have original, but since moving in with Ant I've come to absolutely love the honey and chocolate versions. Otherwise, I'm a big fan of frosted wheats (what we call mini wheats back home, though I miss the maple flavour you can get in Canada).

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I don't like any cereals Smiley sad It makes me sad as it would be such an easy snack/breakfast for when I'm feeling lazy (often) but I just haven't found any at all I like.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Cinnamon Grahams. Hands down.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

Frosties but only with custard

Wheetabix but only warm with a little milk

Alpen but only with a tiny but milk and LOADS of raisins

I used to love those coco pop straws you used to get but not with milk. Just two with my lunch. I miss them Smiley sad

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Tizzie- frosties and custard?! How did you discover that combo?!

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

THIS! Tizzie that's a crazy combo, how on earth did you put the two together?!

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Crunchy nut cornflakes. Nomnom

Me too. If I try to chew the whole lot, milk dribbles out the corners of my mouth

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is me! No milk, dry and eaten with my fingers! Frosties or Crunchy Nut Cornflakes...

Does anybody remember Start? I used to love that as a kid!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I love all cereals, there isn't any that I don't like.

I think my favourite, though, is Clusters. I bloody love them.

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I always have loads of milk with my cereal too so don't think your a minger!

Mine is probably cocco pops, following by bran flakes with raisins and some honey! And in the winter a good old bowl of porridge ?

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Duing the week hot weetabix with cold millk, delish!!

weekend cereals cocopops or weetabix spooinsize chocolate flavour, lashing of cold milk!!!

and HT, how on earth do you have the milk first!?? i just whack it all in my gob together lol

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

I've just re discovered golden Grahams. Yummers! They're the only one I like though

• B
    Beginner April 2013
    Bridetobe13 ·
    • Hide content

Shreddies (frosted, chocolate & honey) and crunchy nut cornflakes (the new one with cranberries in)

AlwaysTheBridesmaid-I remember Start. That was lovely. So were Lucky Charms? (anyone remember these.......)

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not sure how I discovered it. I think I was cold one morning and my mum gets annoyed when I don't eat/drink anything hot in the winter (I only ever drink water) and I had Frosties but I don't drink milk And I had one of those individual pots of custard so I had it to shut her up and loved it! I try and save it for winter so I don't get sick of it though. And I can only add a handful of Frosties at a time otherwise they get gooey ?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Alpen (original) with bananas in, Fruit and Fibre with dried cranberries on but for supper, I like Weetablix and cold milk. I do like porridge too if I can be bothered to make it with lots of golden syrup drizzled on.

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Plain and boring Special K for me. Occasionally a Weetabix. The "sugary" ones are too sweet for me.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Cheerios for me with milk!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I have different cereal dependant on the weather. If it's warm I have either granola with yoghurt or honey nut cornflakes. If its cold I have oats so simple, my fave is the raspberry and pomegranate one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics