Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2013

Entertainment ideas

swim_bride, 5 of September of 2012 at 11:12 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi,

i'm new to this forum. Got engaged a few months ago to my BF of 6 years. After much faffing, we have finally booked the venue. We're getting married on 13th April 2013 in Stratford Upon Avon.

I think I'm going to be bombarding this site with questions over the next few months. Hope that's ok!!

I'm thinking about interesting things to do on the day. So far I know I'm going to have a ceilidh band and disco but not decided on any other entertainment, wedding favours etc.

Originally I wanted a photo booth - they had one at a wedding I went to and it was great. Unfortunately my sister-in-law to be is having one at her wedding (just before ours) so need to think of something else. It's a shame as I love the idea of having the photos in a guest book, and the dressing up for the photos was so much fun. Any similar things we could do without being the same as the SIL2B (correct abbreviation?!)?

Might do a DIY sweet buffet (as suggested by someone on this forum) instead of wedding favours.

Any other interesting suggestions welcome. i want to do things that are different and memorable.

Thanks for your help. Look forward to your suggestions

5 replies

Latest activity by *Mini*, 6 of September of 2012 at 20:31
  • daintydisco
    Beginner October 2013
    daintydisco ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.shoot-it-yourself.co.uk/ :-) Yes, they look AMAZING!!!!!!!

The website is great too as you can watch 10 min clips of peoples weddings as examples of what editing they'll do - i also love it because i'm nosey and love other weddings!

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sue250 ·
    • Hide content

We hired an ice cream cart (bike) and he was fantastic - home made ice cream and i got to choose the flavours. the guests loved it.

• S
    Beginner April 2013
    swim_bride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the ideas.

Unfortunately we can't do video in the church (costs loads extra and they're really funny about it)

I LOVE the idea of ice-cream. Did you have it after the meal as part of the evening do or before?

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

I think you would regret not having the photobooth. Lots of people have them nowadays so i wouldm't be put off by sister in law to be having one....

We had one and we loved it and all the guests loved it and we have the most brilliant keepsake in the guestbook. All the guests got a keep=sake as well as had loads of fun with the props and the photos. I think you would regret not having it...

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We diddnt have a photo booth, we instead had a large frame and some dressing up props. They actually stated getting used throughout dinner and seemed to go down really well- better than the booth as you actually have to go in that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics