Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rod
Beginner

Wagamama's - Chicken Katsu Curry - Grilled

Rod, 17 of August of 2012 at 10:41 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 15

Hi all,

Does anyone have the calories for this? I know the normal katsu is 800Cals !! ? but surely the grilled one is much better?

Off to wagas for lunch and really fancy katsu curry!

UPDATE - Never mind - were going to GBK now haha looks like the low cal option there is a salad which i refuse to have haha

15 replies

Latest activity by SunnyPinkHair83470, 6 of November of 2019 at 13:02
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i LOVE katsu curry, i have developed one at home merely cos i wanted to enjoy wagas healthily!!! i bake it rather then fry it!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Yeah Flow rider, you cant say that then not give us the receeeep.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Erm I'm not so sure but I just wanted to add that I love Wags chicken katsu curry!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

For the chicken coating: 100g flour, seasoned with lots of salt and
    pepper
    1 free-range egg, beaten lightly
    200g breadcrumbs 2 boneless chicken breasts
    50ml vegetable oil
    rice cooked Oven set to 160 degree For the curry sauce vegetable oil
    1 onion, peeled and chopped
    5 whole garlic cloves, peeled
    3 carrots, peeled and chopped
    2 tablespoons plain flour
    2 tablespoon medium curry powder
    600ml chicken stock
    3 tablespooons honey
    2 tablespoon soy sauce
    half a teaspoon garam masala To prep the chicken, put the the seasoned flour, egg and breadcrumbs on separate plates. Coat the chicken in the flour, then dip into the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the breaded chicken breasts for couple mins on each side just to crisp up the breadcrubs. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and leave to drain on kitchen paper.put on baking tray and put in oven for approx 20mins until cooked through. To make the sauce Heat the oil in a small pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, then throw in the carrots and sweat slowly for 10 minutes with the lid on, giving the odd stir, until softened and starting to caramelise. Stir in the flour and curry powder and cook for a minute. Slowly pour in the stock until combined (I do this gradually to avoid getting lumps). Add the honey and soy sauce then bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, so the sauce thickens but is still of pouring consistency. Add the garam masala, then using a blender, blend it al together so there no lumpy carroty bits!!! Et voila!
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

ud be surprised and how not garlicky it tastes tho!!

its a sweet tasting thick sticky curry sauce!

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

That sounds amazing. I need to make this v v soon

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

i do this, its not hairy bikers its i think james martin but its lush!! really moist and sweet and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i should have made it for the dessert party sunday!!

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

Hare and Tortoise do the best Ebi Katsu curry. It's one of my favourite things to eat, yum yum!

• S
    SunnyPinkHair83470 ·
    • Hide content

Katsu is a breaded, fried cutlet, usually chicken or pork. Aachi Chicken Masala curry is based on curry powder .Introduced to Tamilnadu Aachi Masala so yes it does taste like chip shop curry sauce as they are made using the same spice mix. Of course you have to like the taste of curry powder as that is the strongest flavour.

• S
    SunnyPinkHair83470 ·
    • Hide content

Katsu is a breaded, fried cutlet, usually chicken or pork. Aachi Chicken Masala curry is based on curry powder .Introduced to Tamilnadu Aachi Masala so yes it does taste like chip shop curry sauce as they are made using the same spice mix. Of course you have to like the taste of curry powder as that is the strongest flavour.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics