Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flowmojo
Beginner

**Flowmojos Wedding Report 26th May 2012**

Flowmojo, 22 of June of 2012 at 14:10 Posted on Planning 0 87

Before I begin my report, a big part of it begins with this for those that havnt read OT!!

We found out a week before the wedding, literally, so decided to keep it quiet from family until after we got back from honeymoon and surely a week would be easy. We were over the moon, shocked as we weren’t really trying and hadn’t planned on doing so until after honeymoon and it was very soon after coming off the pill but one the less..Ecstatic. Mr Fs words were ‘this makes the ceremony and saying those vows so much more now, as we will be the only ones that know’ ❤️

Anyway, I digress..

Thursday 24th May - T minus 2 days!!

I was up about the same time my work alarm is due to go off and once I realise, I relish in the fact I don’t actually have to get up so we laze about in bed enjoying the time we have not rushing around.

I head off to get my nails done at 9am, leaving Mr F sorting the garden... once I come back, he’s sitting on the doorstep looking out at his handiwork. I sidle up to him and he put his arm around me...’Just over 48hours to go now!!’ he says excitedly. I notice the change in him the past few weeks, since we started doing bits and pieces and things come together, I can see genuine excitement in his face, and in things he does related to the wedding. Makes my heart swell a little bit J I decide to wrap his pressies and write his card, which I find easy to do, its long, lengthy, soppy and a bit fluffy..Anyone who’s knows me and Mr F will know this isn’t what we are like in front of people but I find it surprisingly easy to write it!

After pottering around in the garden I head off to my salon where I spend 4.5hours being plucked, preened, tanned and beautified within an inch of my life. When Mr F picks me up, he looks at me, and says ‘Aright Essex!!’. All he sees is the tan and fake eyelashes!! I reassure him the tan washes off and won’t be as dark and the lashes, well, they are here to stay J

The evening was spent chilling out, ironing honeymoon clothes, catching up on TV we need to watch and general relaxedness. I feel the impending madness of Friday looming..

Friday 25th May - T minus 1 days!!

We woke up the same time as Thursday and sat watching The Biggest Loser USA...Mr F turns to me and says ‘Should we be up and about, you know, erm doing something rather than chilling out watching fatties?!’. We sit in bed for an hour or so, laughing, smiling, giggling like school kids and the ‘this time tomorrows’. We eventually decide we need to start doing bits and pieces and as expected we had lots left to do..

I head to see my family and drop off their thank you gifts, my younger brother, an Usher, asks what his gift for as he’s done nothing, and I explain to him the best man is currently a nervous wreck and that HE needs to make sure he gets everything done..Challenge accepted!!

I take my Best mate of 15 years her bridesmaid’s gifts. As she’s opening them she’s in tears and keeps. When she hugs me to say thank you she says ‘I have loved you for this long as a Miss P, il love you for longer as a Mrs N’. I hold back the tears and leave as quick as I can!!

Once home, we take half an hour before the task of taking stuff to the venue begins. We discuss his speech, honeymoon packing, things we need to get done and suddenly it dawns on us...we’ve left everything late. We laugh as otherwise we would cry!! Mr F even mentions Hitched and asks me if any other bride has been as disorganised as me..I can only laugh at him! The afternoon is spent to-ing and fro-ing from our house to the venue, dropping stuff off..We rope in the best man and a very good friend to assist and at 7pm, we sit down to have pizza. It’s nice to chill out for a bit, watch a bit of a TV, get out of the wedding frenzy. It doesn’t last long, we are off back to the venue for a final time to take last things and to drop the best man and groom off. Me and Mr F have a moment on our own and I ask him if he’s ok..I tell him it’s just me and him at the end of the aisle and to remember our secret...it’ll just be him, me, and pickles (nicknamed so as it rhymes with our surname!) he kisses me and squeezes me and tells me he can’t wait. I well up.

Me and my friend K get into the car around 945pm and she looks at me, says nothing, passes me a tissue. ‘Its ok F, you can cry’. Once home I go and shower, and sort myself out. When I’m getting into bedtime stuff, I notice my wedding card on the pillow addressed to Mrs N..I just stare at it and reality hits me, finally the months of calm, and no stress..the weeks been eventful with the BFP and doing everything for the wedding I cry a little, I’m overwhelmed with happiness J

I find it hard to sleep, mainly because of the heat, its silly hot. I wonder if Mr F is ok, what he’s thinking, how he is, if he’s worrying about his speech. Eventually, around 3am I drift off.

Saturday 26th – WEDDING DAY!!

I wake up at 710am, feeling surprisingly refreshed seeing as I have had around 4 hours sleep. Am pretty sure il flag later but for now, I need a cuppa. Getting out of bed my phones beeping like mad with good luck messages. I sit and drink my tea whilst booting up the laptop, reading messages on Facebook and writing some of this very report. Suddenly a notification pops up saying my future husband has tagged me a post on Facebook. He can’t, he doesn’t USE Facebook, ever!! It’s a simple ‘Cannot wait to marry Flow’ but to me, the fact he’s actually used bookface means more than anything. I text him to tell him his made my day ?

Me and K sit and have breakfast, out of the corner of my eye I see her looking at me..I turn to her and she says ‘You’re getting married today you know, are you ok?! Your’re not flapping or stressing or anything?!’. I decide the news of the baby far outweighs everything today will being...yes it’s going to be amazing, yes I’ve been looking forward to it for around 20mths but now, there’s a huge massive thing happening and I can’t help but smile and say ‘I’m totally fine, in fact, I’m still hungry, can we get maccy ds to deliver?!’

Around 930am K heads off to get her hair done, and my bridesmaids arrive, there’s lots of excitement and buzz and bucks fizz as we head to the hairdressers at 10am. They’d closed the salon for us, and got nibbles out and more bucks fizz, it was lovely and chilled until I received a call from Mr F..something’s wrong, I panic as I answer...’they’ve set the top table up wrong, it’s a line rather than horseshoe’ he gabbles down the phone. I Laugh..’Why are u telling me this!?’ I say still laughing. ‘Because I want the day to be perfect for you and don’t want anything to go wrong, you wanted it this way and it’s not, do you want me to move it all around?’. I smile, thinking it really doesn’t

The next hour or so was a blur, photographers milling about, the girls getting ready, my MUA arriving and general hustle and bustle. By now I was still calm, and feeling excited to see Mr F as I knew right now he’d be flapping about!

The time came to get dressed..now many of you know, since the start of this year I have had issues with my dress, resulting in tears after fittings and even searching for a ’back up’ dress. Even on the day, I still wasn’t convinced id feel ‘right’ in it. Until I put it on..Once I saw it on, with my make up done, my jewellery and my hair, it just felt totally right. Seeing both the photographers faces, and mums squeals made it even better. Mum hid behind the dress pretending to do up the buttons but I knew she was composing herself and trying not to cry.

To be continued...

87 replies

Latest activity by looneysh, 6 of July of 2012 at 13:56
  • Trouble_gb
    Beginner September 2013
    Trouble_gb ·
    • Hide content

Please write more very quickly as I can't wait to read the rest of your report.

I have already had several moments of welling up just reading it so I know how your mum felt.

Congratulations btw x

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Lovely so far! I feel a bit overwhelmed on your behalf about Pickles, if that makes and sense at all?! Congratulations Mrs! x

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MOREEEEE!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Up until now none of my bridesmaids has seen the dress, or knew anything about it so now was the time to reveal it to them. The photographer wanted to capture the moment and I am so glad he did its one of the best images from the day when I walked in to the room..

From then onwards it was manic..mum and dad turn up late, dad forgot his suit shirt so had to rush home, mum flaps around making sure everyone’s eaten something, the girls are hot and restless and I just want to get in the car and go. The car turns up early throwing me right off and the panic sets in..I’m yelling or everyone to get in the car, grab everything and go!! We all pack out of the house and into the limo. A limo wasn’t my first choice, but the venue was only 5minutes round the corner so was the cheapest option for the amount of people! We set off..2mins from home I’ve forgotten my flowers, and have no door keys..cue Bridesmaids ringing best man to try and get spare set of keys bought back..as she’s on the phone my Daddy breaks a cufflink..has to borrow the driver’s pair..one bridesmaid forgotten her earrings, another’s forgotten all the jewellery I gave her and it’s not at the venue!! Mums laughing, I’m fretting and its chaos, absolute chaos.

The infamous forgotten flowers!

SOMEHOW we make it to the venue on time and all out of the car in one piece. The registrar asks me the questions and then we are hurried through to the corridor having pictures done along the way. We stand outside the ceremony room door and hear the music start up..I’m still fine, not close to tears and then, my second favourite moment of the day happens..as me and my dad walk in after my beautiful bridesmaids I hear an actual gasp amongst the guests. I know at that very moment it’s about the dress, and because it’s pink and huge and am relieved it was all worth the worry.

As I turn the corner to walk up the final piece of the aisle I see Mr F, and I see he’s welling up..I try so hard not to look anywhere but at him, and let him know I’m here now, he’s not on his own up there and please, don’t cry. As I arrive at the end of the aisle he looks at me and says’ wow, you..wow..you look...ii...I..’ and I shush him and say ‘please don’t cry, please please as I’m on the edge already’

All I recall from the ceremony is my eyes firmly on Mr F, and us holding hands so tight and not letting go. I could see and feel him relax in front of me as we said the vows and knew part of it was because of the baby. I literally could not stop smiling. Soon enough we were pronounced husband and wife and everyone cheered. We walked out of the ceremony room to cheers and rounds of applause and were taken into a side room and left with drinks for a few minutes. Mr F finally spoke: ‘That was the best thing I’ve ever done!! It was so, well, and you, your dress, it’s so YOU!, It’s amazing..I love it!! I love you..and the baby!!!!!’. It’s like he’s bouncing off the walls, gabbling, wanting to say everything it he short time we have on our own before we rejoin our guests ! After 10minutes or so we were ushered out for pictures...Relief washing over me I could now enjoy the day, say hello to my guests and finally have a drink, I was parched!!

After a good 2 hours of reception drinks in the gardens, having pictures and enjoying the unusual May sunshine we headed into the reception room. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it all set up as I imagined, and I could not believe how much hard work and effort me and Mr F had put in to the whole day. I just hoped people noticed..

To be continued...

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

MORE!!!!!!!!!

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

Flow I'm crying and I haven't even got to the wedding day yet!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

?We had the speeches first so Mr F could enjoy his food without being worried about his. They were fab, Daddy Flow isn’t a man of many words but he talked about how proud he was of me and how far id come.. I almost burst into tears when he sat down and said to me ‘will that do Sunshine?’ my nickname from when I was a kid *wells up* Mr Fs speech rocked and the best man pulled a blinder, but I was glad they were over, now everyone can enjoy their food!

The rest of the day went by in a blur, with people congratulating us, commenting on all the little touches, how much effort had been made, how much they were enjoying it...by now I still couldn’t believe I hadn’t really cried..although me and Mr F managed to grab 5 mins alone together at one point and I blubbed, not much, but enough to feel better. He asked whether it was actually emotion or just baby hormones..smiling I say ‘It’s everything’. At one point I remember everyone was on the lawn enjoying drinks and chatting and we stand there watching them. We felt very lucky and privileged to have such wonderful friends and family who had all made a huge effort to celebrate our day with us.❤️ I had our very own Nursey and Mrs C there too, which was lovley as wed planned so long together, was lovley to see their reactions to it too (and thanks to Mrs C for drinking my unwanted alcoholic beverages!)

As soon as the first dance was announced I became full on nervous. Despite what people think of me, I do not like attention on me, and this was the party I was dreading. We had Etta James ‘At Last’ as our first dance song and the funny thing was, as soon as I heard it start, it was again just me and Mr F up there on the dance floor. We danced, we laughed, we kissed, we shared our favourite moments of the day so far and how exciting it still was knowing that no one knew our secret still ?

The evening kicked on and apart from a 20min break, I think I was carving up that dance floor for most of the night, the dj was awesome, and my friends never left the dance floor with me. It was ace; I even managed to manoeuvre the dress..so, it seems, did my friends..

People ask ‘Does it feel different now that you’re married?’ and honestly, I can say yes. Together before, we were a great team, now that we are married and are ‘The N’s’ we are an AWESOME team, and feel doing stuff together is bigger and better. Maybe it’s being married, maybe it’s the news of the baby adding to it but what I do know is that it was the best thing I have ever done?

Some more fav pics from the day!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Always welcome! ?

It was a fabulous day, lots of love and loads of laughs... getting 4 people under your dress was immense!!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You trooper you Mrs C! ?

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

I love everything about this report, so emotional, so beautiful and your dress is amazing! massive congratulations xxx

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Amaze. Amaze. Amaze.

Did I say amazing?!

Congrats again Flowster ?

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

What a stunning day flow, you looked gorgeous and so did everything else. i am so pleased for you and your good news! xxx

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

Such a beautiful report Flow sounds like you had an amazing day and everything was perfect.

Love all the photos, everyone looks so happy.

Congratulations again on your wedding and the fantastic baby news ❤️?

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic report Flow! Loved it all and you can just feel the excitement from you both.

And now you have little pickles (❤️ the name!)

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I feel all warm and cosey after reading that! I just did an ahhhhhh outloud! Well done Flow! What an amazing report!

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

Reading this at work and having to gulp back the tears. I heart this!

• Aurora Borealis
    Beginner June 2013
    Aurora Borealis ·
    • Hide content

Such a lovely report, you looked beautiful!

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations Flow! Everything looks amazing. Huge congratulations on Pickles!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Your smile says it all Flow, what a gorgeous day you had too ?

• Flumpkin
    Beginner December 2012
    Flumpkin ·
    • Hide content

What a beautiful report - very emotional too! Conratulations on both counts Flow ?

• celo1
    Beginner May 2012
    celo1 ·
    • Hide content

What a beautiful report, you can so feel the happiness and love radiating from it. Congratulations on wee pickles aswell, so happy for you both ?

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content

Great report Flow. You and Pickles sure rocked that dress. You look so happy. Congratulations.

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

Such a brilliant report, was welling up reading it! You looked beautiful and so happy - congratulations!

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report Flow, I am so glad it all came together perfectly for your and Mr F and Pickles. Congratulations ❤️

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

A-ma-zing!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful report, I have goosebumps and tears in my eyes which I'm desperatley trying to hold back!!! I could not be happier for you xx

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

Amazing report Flow - you both look so happy!! Congrats on the baby!!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

I don't know what it is ( I shall plead stress) but this is the first wedding report I have cried on reading from start to finish!! ❤️

I don't even know where to start with commenting, but I *must* say that I see why you love that picture of your BMs seeing you in your dress - it's just such a special moment and it has been captured perfectly.

I'm over the moon for you and Mr Flow, you look so genuinely happy together Smiley smile

I'm going to quit writing as I have the potential to get really gushy and ?

But biggest, bestest congratulations to you both!

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Same as Blonde vicki

one of the reasons i've been hanging around H still was because of your upcoming wedding and that is a beautiful report! and you have pickles too. Fabulous! beautifully written. I love the BM's faces too, perfectly captured!

congratulations to you both xxx

**ETA*** 1st dance twin ?

• Gbutterfly
    Beginner July 2012
    Gbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Omg...crying loads here, this is lovely

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Aw I luffs you Flow. What a wonderful day ?

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Oh you guys, thank you so much for your lovley comments, im all emotional here!! thankyou for taking the time to read it!!!?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics