Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2013

Anyone having personalised m&m's at their wedding? *flash*

mel&mike, 20 of April of 2012 at 19:16 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hi all,

We are both m's so are having m&m as our wedding stationary (above isnt mine ust an eg) and we love m&m's so thought of having them as favours. Then found M&M wedding site http://www.mymms.co.uk/occasions/wedding.aspx who do personalised and different colour m&m's ? heaven! They arn't cheap however working out at £2.90 per favour or loose at £65 per 1.5kg and then filling them myself (was thinking mini jam jars or the spice ones from ikea)

To reduce cost i was then thinking would it just be ok with normal m&m's do they need to be personalised and in the wedding colours (pink and ivory)

Anyone done it, know how it can be done cheaper/suppliers that do similar?

What do you all think? opinions greatly received xx

ps it's my first flash!! ?

16 replies

Latest activity by HappyRedFlowers2608, 10 of September of 2019 at 09:13
  • *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Yep we have got ours! All 6kg of them.

We went for white and ivory with our names, and 'just married.' I have clear cubes to fill with a tag on. The stamp I designed myself.

Here's a flash of ours:

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I looked at these as well - bloody brilliant idea! I really like the thought of putting a little message on there or something but in the end I decided it was too much to spend on favours considering I wasn't even going to have them anyway! I went with jelly belly beans in our colours in the end, a third of the price. Seeing as your initials are m and m you could just get the normal sweets in regular colours??

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I really wanted these but they are quite expensive, seen as you are both m's however, it would be a brilliant idea Smiley smile

S x

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    mel&mike ·
    • Hide content

Love love love love!!?

How did you make the stamp?! I want one!! Also where did you get the tag.

one more question, hope you dont mind....is it cheaper to buy loose and then fill yourself? 6KG!! how many guests is that for? we have around 60-70 day guests how many would you think i'd needs?

Me xx

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Tags were scalloped gift tags from eBay. I think I got 200 for £4.50.

The stamp was £7 ish from vista print. I copied the M&M logo in paint and edited it to say Mr&Mrs in a similar font. Was a bit fiddly but it turned out well. Our initials are A and S so the whole m&m thing didn't work for us!

We ordered a gift/birthday bag first to check colours and I weighed them out on my digital baking scales. This portion is 35g (if my memory serves me correctly!). 6kg was enough for 150 portions plus a bit extra. HTH!

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

We really wanted these, but decided they were too expensive ☹️ Jealous of anyone who has them though!! ?

M&Ms shop in London sells them in colours, as we're not too far, I was thinking of seeing if it worked out cheaper to do it that way (yes they'd be unpersonalised, bu they'd still be in colours!)

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    mel&mike ·
    • Hide content

Love it Duckybum! ?? That's exactly what I want so hope you don't mind me copyibng your greatness!! ?

Mel x

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    mel&mike ·
    • Hide content

Ducky...if at anytime your thinking of selling the stamp, please let me know and i'll buy it off you xx

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely use normal - I think they look better in lots of different colours, they look fab in the picture you flashed

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

If you know anyone in the US who can receive them and post them to you, you can have a PHOTO on them. My dad did this for his 50th birthday party and they were a real talking point. Expensive, but worth it to see your face on sweets!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

On the UK M&M site, non-personalised single colours are the same price as personalised. As our wedding is neutral colours we went for this option.

The bright multicoloured bags from the supermarket would be much cheaper though!

Yes you can have the stamp. It will be after July though if that's ok? It's a self-inking one, but you can get replacement ink pads for pence from office shops etc if the original pad runs out.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We looked into this as we do have US friends. However, there is the issue of them keeping nicely in transit, not melting or even freezing and the condensation making the sugar coating go soggy (like when you suck it off!). Also, some of the E numbers in American M&M's are illegal in the EU. You may also have customs issue importing food. Not to mention about an extra £50 P&P.

All of these factors made us decide against it. We didn't want to risk spending the money and receiving damaged goods, or no goods at all.

But the photo ones are amazing!! As are the US shimmer colours!

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on doing them in our colours but will probably buy a big bag and get the boxes/bags separately - It'll be the one 'extravagance' of the day.

• findthecolour
    Beginner June 2012
    findthecolour ·
    • Hide content

If you are both M's then I'd just got with regular M&Ms - it's quite clever I think! And actually better than the personalised ones.

• L
    Beginner September 2019
    LuxuriousBrownDecor71304 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ducky,

I saw done below you offered this stamp to someone, I have just come across this post and this stamp would be perfect for my favours, just wondering if you would still have this or have the design saved on vista print?

Tthanks

• H
    Beginner
    HappyRedFlowers2608 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there -do you still need this stamp? Happy to share my design :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics