Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner June 2012

Those doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred

TheDitzyOne, 5 of February of 2012 at 18:44 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 16

Hi,

I've just ordered this and it should be here ready for me to start tomorrow. I was just wondering, as having read a couple of threads on various forums, would you recommend buying some proper weights, or are you finding that you're getting results just from using tins of beans etc?

TIA

Lou

16 replies

Latest activity by SunnyRedDiamonds86325, 25 of June of 2020 at 11:48
  • smazzy_smoo
    Beginner June 2014
    smazzy_smoo ·
    • Hide content

Today is day 4 of 3DS for me, and I've been using cans of dog food! Honestly, they definitely do the job just as good as hand weights!!! My muscles are always screaming at me whilst I'm using them, so I wouldn't bother buying proper weights ?

xxx

• T
    Beginner June 2012
    TheDitzyOne ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. How are you finding it?

• smazzy_smoo
    Beginner June 2014
    smazzy_smoo ·
    • Hide content

The first day I was pleasantly suprised by how easy I found it. But everything started to hurt on day two, and now it just gets harder, and harder, and harder!!! I haven't seen any changes yet, apart from my calves are getting more toned. My OH says he can notice differences, but he might just be saying it!

xxx

• futuremrsgreen88
    Beginner June 2013
    futuremrsgreen88 ·
    • Hide content

I've just done day 1. Not too bad but having trouble lifting heavy things and walking upstairs afterwards! Lets see how I feel in the morning!

• C
    Beginner December 2012
    candysimon2012 ·
    • Hide content

Same here! Although my wedding is hundreds of days from now, my friends encouraged me to try this one. I just started Day 1, and boy, was it hard. But it was very fulfilling. I used ordinary canned goods, too!

• futuremrsgreen88
    Beginner June 2013
    futuremrsgreen88 ·
    • Hide content

Day 2 done! Some bits harder than yesterday and some bits easier!! I have ages until my wedding next June but also got a holiday coming up in July so want to be near target by then!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I bought some proper weights, they were about 7 quid off amazon and I was getting the DVD from there anyway so I thought I may as well.

I have done about 4 days of level 3 and my stregnth and balance has improved so much - I can now do (almost) a full push up! Not go all the way down but still have gone from zero upper body strength to being able to hold a pretty strong plank! In less than a month, because I didn't do it religiously everyday, I have gone from bottom half 16 to 14 which is feeling a bit loose round my waist and top half much more toned so I am full of praise for these workouts!

• T
    Beginner June 2012
    TheDitzyOne ·
    • Hide content

I have done day 2 this evening and I hurt more today than I did yesterday.I found myself longing for the wnd of exercise countdown and on a couple of ocassions I counted down from 5 a little quicker!

It hurts me to laugh, sneeze or cough tonight

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Keep going, it will be easier very quickly, and so worth it.

• T
    Beginner June 2012
    TheDitzyOne ·
    • Hide content

I did day 3 today whilst the little one was in bed and im actually not too bad! Only 27 more to go! I need to get ke a ticker?

• futuremrsgreen88
    Beginner June 2013
    futuremrsgreen88 ·
    • Hide content

I did day 3 today aswell. Can already feel some bits of the DVD getting easier and guess I'm just going to have to get used to aching all the time!! haha! Lets keep going! I'm sure it will all be worth it!

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    loralu ·
    • Hide content

I've done it before and I am going to start it again in the next few days, want to tone up before wedding dress shopping. I didnt measure myself last time so plan to this time as the scales didn't move much but I definatley toned up x

• MrsHoang2b
    Beginner May 2013
    MrsHoang2b ·
    • Hide content

Ive just jumped on the 3DS band wagon and ordered my copy, at size 20 i cant bare to look at pictures of myself and ive been unhappy for a long time and struggled to lose weight but my wedding in may 2013 has given me the boost i needed to try harder to slim down so i will give this a try as ive seen so many positive posts, i want to lose at least 7 stone and have aready had people notice a difference after i cut out chocolate and sweet stuff since feb so heres hoping that 13 months is long enough for this to work, when it arrives i will combine it with my fitness coach: dance workout game for the wii to try keep me motivated but any support from here will be greatly appreciated Smiley smile

• smazzy_smoo
    Beginner June 2014
    smazzy_smoo ·
    • Hide content

Hi MrsHoang2b, I started the 30DS a while ago, but stopped doing it when I became ill, and then never started it again! If you'd like once you get it, we can do it together, make sure we both stick to it and give each other motivation? ? I'd like a buddy to push me along!!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I did day 2 yesterday and I am in pain walking round like an old woman. I missed day 3 today but will get back on it tomorrow otherwise the pain will be in vain! I have muscles hurting that I never knew I had.

• P
    Beginner September 2011
    PrettySparkly ·
    • Hide content

I've heard about the 30 day shred, think that I might get on the wagon and buy me a copy! I have some 1.5kg weights at home already, they'll be ok for a start I'm sure!!

Regular updates to follow.....

• S
    SunnyRedDiamonds86325 ·
    • Hide content

Is this a talk on Michaels store? As I initially walk in the store and they really think about its customers but they change the return policy and so to be left updated with Michaels Return Policy and save money by easy returning and refunding I do carefully check it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics