Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Snow Patroller

Hitched Wedding Planning Forum Awards 2010 - the big launch!!!

Snow Patroller, 9 of November of 2010 at 21:26 Posted on Planning 0 41

<dink dink dink dink> (thats me tapping my wine glass with a fork....)
Ladies and the odd gentleman - can I have your attention please?
*a hush falls around the forum*
Thank you. I am Snow 'I Am Not A Chavvy Slapper" Patroller, and joining me tonight is Tina 'I Is Made of Metal, Innit' Teaspoon ... and we are both delighted to be overseeing this years Hitched Wedding Planning Forum Awards 2010!
*riotous applause around the forum*
Thank you thank you!! Firstly can we say what hoooooooge shoes we have to fill, stepping in to take over from Zippy and Raef - but we'll do our best! Thanks to them both for their Award housekeeping last year!

Now, we have a lot to tell you! For those of you new to the wonder that is Hitched, we like to hold a glitzy awards ceremony to celebrate the fabulous folk who make Hitched what it is! Of course, I'm talking about TFH!!! The Fabulous Hitchers! <cue to forum to grin @ each other in a 'ha, we're fabulous' kinda way>
*more applause and a rumble of chatter*
This year we're pleased to annouce that a new category has also been launched for those who add a little extra to the forum - our Fabulous HIBs!
*more clapping and nods of approval around the forum*
So - how does it all work? Well, below are this years categories, and all you have to do it consider who or what you would like to put forward as your nominee for each category. You don't have to vote in every category, you obviously can't vote for yourself <fake awards show host smile to PC screen> and you can only vote once per category.
We want as many WP'ers taking part as possible this year! We will also be asking OM's to join in as we've lost a few folk to OT and also BT, so please feel free to join in if you were part of the WP forum during 2010!
The voting process is very simple, calls from your landline or mobile are not necessary and to explain more, here is your OVO - Official Voting Officer, Tina Teaspoon!
*more applause*
Hello, it is I, Tina of the Spoons, here with the official (i.e. boring) bit, the bit where we try to make it sound important by having rules and stuff.

1. Voting opens RIGHT NOW and stays open until 11.59pm on Saturday 11th December.
2. Votes should be emailed to me at *****************@*****.***

3. You can only vote once for each category.
4. You don't have to vote for every category so if you can't think of a vote for for something then don't let that stop you!
5. If you can, please add a bit of background as to why you are voting for who/what you are voting for as it helps to give the awards night a bit more ommph!
6. Please ensure you include your Hitched Name in your voting email ...
7. Votes are based on 2010 forum activity!
- They can be cast by all Hitched WP forum members (inc those who defected to OT/BT etc during 2010).
- For Fab Hitcher categories, anyone who was active on the WP in 2010 can be voted for, even if they now don't visit much Smiley sad ....
- For wedding related categories, its 2010 weddings only....
- Some categories are specific to HIBs, and some are specific to non-HIBs.

8. It's all just a bit of fun so let's all remember that please folks!

Snow Patroller and I will start special Awards Flash threads for categories such as Best Dress etc, so please look out for those and get flashing - this stops people having to sift through a year's worth of threads before they can vote! We'll also sticky this post so it stays up top for the duration ...

I think that's everything, if anything is unclear just put questions in this thread. Now I'll hand you back over to the lovely SP.

*clapping and cheers for Tina ....*
Thank you Tina! The lovely Tina T will be collating all votes in the coming weeks, and we are delighted to annouce that the Awards Ceremony will take place on ......... <drumroll please!> ....... Weds 15th December, starting at 7pm
You don't even need to buy tickets to attend the amazing awards evening - you simply need to log on, put your gladrags on if you really want to, get a glass of vino or a hot chocolate and wait for the threads to pop up!! Simples!
And the categories for 2010 are ....
FABULOUS HITCHERS CATEGORIES (and you can vote for both Hitchers and HIBs in this category)
Funniest Hitcher – who makes you giggle during your daily Hitched Fix
Most Pleasant Hitcher – who do you think is simply ‘lovely’ but in a purely platonic friends kinda way??!
Hitched Drama Queen – we can all be DQs at times but ... is there a regular??!
Most Helpful Hitcher – who do you think goes that extra mile on the WP forum?
The Agony Aunt Award – Hitcher with best advice to give (on any topic, not WP specific)
Scariest Hitcher – say no more! <runs from room>
Hitcher You'd Most Like To Meet – is there someone who you would love a natter with over a coffee?
Most Reasonable Hitcher – not sitting on the fence necessarily but always reasonable and measured in their responses....
Most Unreasonable Hitcher – is there someone who always makes you go ‘grrrrr’ when they post?
Most Organised Hitcher – do you dream of being as organised as someone on Hitched?
Most Disorganised Hitcher – do you want to just go round to someone house and organise their head!!?
The MIA Award (Missing In Action) – Hitcher you would most like to see return to the board
The Bridezilla Award – title says it all! What B2B has posted something thats made you think ‘oh for ...’
Hitcher most guilty of overusing the word ‘hun’ (or similar fluffy nonsense!) – “Oh ... thats stunning hun”
The “I’m only here on my lunch break, honest” Award – who do you think can’t live without Hitched?
Bluntest Hitcher – who says it how it is regardless of forum protocol??! Or politeness??! Who doesn't give a monkeys...!
Hitcher Most Likely to turn Wedding Planning into a career?
Most Fabulous honeymoon – Honeymoon Envy anyone??
Hitcher's wedding you would most like to go to/have gone to – Guest Envy anyone??!
Hitcher with the worst MIL2B – this could be a popular one!

FABULOUS POSTS / THREADS IN 2010
Thread of the Year (dig deep into those older pages, people!!!)
Best 'Flash' of the Year - one photo, one flash, one Hitcher - whose flash made your year?? It doesn't have to be wedding related!
Best Wedding Report (for 2010 weddings only) - https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/p/199852/1974947.aspx#1974947
The “Maybe you should have posted on C*nfetti” Award for Twee Rubbish
Favourite Troll Post of the Year
Best Proposal Story - https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/199764.aspx
Most outrageous post on a thread that made your jaw drop (relevant to the OP or otherwise!) - what post and who posted it?!
Most over-posted ‘subject’ that you’d quite happily never see again!
Best comment or phrase you've seen on Hitched, and who said it!
ON THE DAY FABULOUSNESS (links below to each thread, but we also now have all these threads in their own little sub-forum - just go look @ the top of the WP main page!!.... click, click, flash! Votes for 2010 Weddings Only!
Best Dress - https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/199684.aspx (only those who’ve shown a picture of themselves in their dress – on the day or otherwise – are eligible for this award. 2011 brides will have to wait til next year for their chance to win!)
Best Cake - https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/199686.aspx
Best Stationery - https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/199687.aspx
Best Flowers - https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/199688.aspx
Most Beautiful Venue - https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/199690.aspx
Best Photos - https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/199692.aspx
Wedding of the Year
When we are all viewing the award flash threads, can we please try to keep general chit chat replies & comments that a normal flash would get to a minimum so these flash threads are a 'one stop flash shop', just to keep it fair for everyone. Also please try not to 'quote' photos in any reply (if you really really really really can't stop yourself from a 'wow, thats lovely' !!!) to avoid duplicate photos ... thank you!
BOARD FEATURES
Best Avatar
Best Signature (HIB sigs not eligible!)
ISN’T HITCHED GREAT
Lifetime Achievement Award for Services to Wedding Planning (Non-HIBs only – and must have been officially registered for over 1 year on 8th November 2010)
Wedding Planning Community Moment of the year

New to this Years awards... THE FABULOUS HIB AWARDS
HIB most likely to post photos of their wares at any given opportunity!
M
ost Helpful HIB (relevant to their particular type of merchandise)
HIB MIA – which HIB would you love to see back on the board?
2010 Award for HIB Services to Wedding Planning

Phew, a fair few categories there, I'm sure you'll agree! So get your thinking cap on, dig deep into those old posts, partake in and check back on the 'Flash' posts that'll be appearing soon to refresh those memories, and get voting!

SP & TT xx

41 replies

Latest activity by suziebabesuk, 9 of June of 2014 at 22:58
  • Tina Teaspoon
    Beginner May 2011
    Tina Teaspoon ·
    • Hide content

Wooo! It's Time!

Just to add (because I forgot when I made up the rules) please can you include your forum name in your voting emails so that I can keep track - that way if anyone asks me if I got their email, or wants to make last minute changes, it'll make my life a bit easier.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Wow what a great thread!!!

Do we need to put our hitched name on the emails??

• Tina Teaspoon
    Beginner May 2011
    Tina Teaspoon ·
    • Hide content

Yes please Mrs C ?

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

If anyone would like us to add any more 'flash' threads then please let us know on this post ... we'll probably do a few more threads in the coming days to keep momentum going, and have covered the basics tonight, but we want this to be a real success!

I'm off to x-post on OT and BT ... and WL I guess!

Mods - any chance of those stickies??! : )

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I can stick a linky on the facebook page?

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

That would be fab Mrs C - thanks v much! : )

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

*salutes SP*

Always welcome!

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

Well done the two of you and congrats for taking on all this work. Big cheers to you both.

Just a small ideaette if all the categories become stickies there will be an awful lot of them. Is there anyway/ would it be possible instead of doing that to make a awards forum instead where they can all be?

Am going away to think now of who I want to vote for.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Or put the main one as a sticky and add links to the other posts from there so peeps can find them easily?

• kj82
    Beginner December 2010
    kj82 ·
    • Hide content

OMG there are sooo many categories!!! I'm going to be glued to the flash threads for weeks!!!! Good work ladies!!! Smiley smile

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

Good plan - I'll add links under the relevant category ... prob tmrw!! But will defo update, and we can just have this thread as a sticky.

Good call!!!

• kj82
    Beginner December 2010
    kj82 ·
    • Hide content

I'm prob being a bit stooopid but do the weddings have to have happened already or can we vote for people still in the planning stages??? I'm so sad, I already have shortlists lol Smiley smile

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Is it that time of year already???????????? bluddy 'ell.......

i'll do my best...

• Tina Teaspoon
    Beginner May 2011
    Tina Teaspoon ·
    • Hide content

That is a good plan - stickying this thread then linking to the others. Genius!

Right, I'm off to bed now seeing as I'll be glued to my emails for the next few weeks, must rest while I have the chance!

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi KJ - perfectly sensible question and I'll update the OP to help others... For the On The Day Fabulousness categories (best dress, venue, photos etc) it has to be a 2010 bride (up to an inc weddings to 31st December, although anyone getting wed after voting closes might struggle on the 'photo' category!!!) and also for the Best Wedding Report, 2010 brides only.

But for all the other categories, it can be pretty much anyone - B/G2B, OM, HIB.... (unless stated)...

Hope that helps??!

SP x

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Fabulous job ladies. Really looking forward to awards night. I'll be there with a big glass of ?

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

Just a thought here....

To avoid the Award Flash Threads going off on a tangent with chats about individual 'items' and to also avoid repeat photos can we all try to not include photos in any 'quote' replies?

If you REALLY have to ask a question or comment on a flash, please try to keep it to a minimum to keep these threads more of a one stop flash shop....

For newbies (and not so newbies!!) we appreciate these award flash threads are going to be a bit of an overload of ideas etc, but we want to try to avoid a flash thread being full of the "love your <insert relevant item here> who made it?" comments that a normal flash would get....

Sounds a bit mean I know but .... new threads to chat to a hitcher about their particular stationery, cake, flowers etc can always be started!

Just want to try to keep it fair for everyone.

Thanks!
    SP

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

<sobs, stamps foot> but i don't waaaaaant to give up my awaaaards! they are sitting on my <make believe in my head> mantelpiece and i clean them every day.

the last two have been the most fun nights on hitched. i coordinated the 2008 ones and won a few in 2009 - will be excited to see the 2010 awards too!

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Eeek - no pressure there then Bluewater!!!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Tina and Snow, thank you so much for organising this. I'm sure it'll be fabulous! x

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Tina and Snow

Fab way to start the awards very exciting I loves voting I do!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Just a quick question, if I may, ladies.

The categories you've got in the grrrrrr sub forum - will you be adding all of the others in or do we just email you about those things?

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

*puts 15th December at 7pm into my diary*

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello!

Only the flash threads are being created on here - we want photos up to remind folk of the weddings of back in the day as there will be lots of early 2010 brides who'll newbies wont know, and its a LOT of weddings to try to remember! Thats the only reason we're doing flash threads.

ALL votes, flash related or not, should be emailed to the address Tina T gave in the OP ...

does that make sense??!

SP x

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Yep, perfect sense. I just wonder for the likes of 'best proposal story' as I know very few of these.

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmm - yes ...

Good point.

Tina T and I will converse on this and we'll probably smack down a few more links to threads into the 'awards forum' in the coming days to help out with these types of categories.... will see how well the Hitched Search function works!!!

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

I've already started drafting my list of votes.

This is going to be brilliant, can't wait.

Secret Santa and the awards all within like a week of each other.

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

The posting is going well - most categories have a fair few posts, but keep 'em coming!!

also some great suggestions coming thru', so thanks for those .... I'm flicking thru' all the Awards Forum posts as regularly as I can to keep an eye out for questions and so on ...

SP & TT

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

Off to think of this years nominations........

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content

Woo hoo! I have been waiting to join in on the Hitched awards for over 2 years! ?

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

There are some fab categories. Going to book a night on the computer to go through all the threads and cast my votes. How exciting.

• Tina Teaspoon
    Beginner May 2011
    Tina Teaspoon ·
    • Hide content

Phew, just spent a happy half hour setting up the spreadsheet! Off to start putting in some of the votes already received now, I'm such a geek...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics