Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Just wanted to share.....

22 of July of 2010 at 11:01 Posted on Planning 0 4

Had a bit of brilliant news so thought I would share!

My mum emigrated to Australia July 2009 and warned me before she left that she wouldnt be able to help me financially with my wedding (even though she gave my sister a substantial amount of money when she married in 2008 - but that's a different story!) I was not too bothered as me and OH had pretty much saved for everything we wanted.

Anyway over the past couple of months things have come up that we needed to pay for eg broken down car, mortgage arrangement fee, broken boiler which took up some of our wedding savings. I have been working overtime and my OH has been working 13 hour shifts to try and recoup some of the money. Anyway, my mum text me this morning saying that she has transferred £500 into my bank account to try and help us out! She said she knows it isnt much but would like to help in any way she can!!! I am sooooooooooo pleased and grateful to her as this means that we now have the shortfall back and we can ease up on the overtime and get our lives back!!!!!!

?

4 replies

Latest activity by mrsgreatbatch2b, 22 of July of 2010 at 13:15
  • lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Ah, that's great news! it's so good when you get help when you really need it - a bit of a Guardian Angel moment! Paying for a wedding is so stressful isn't it, and life always throws other things that you can't plan for like your car and boiler and it's so AAAAGGGGGHHHH.

That's really lovely that your Mum is helping out, and you definitely deserve some good luck! x

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

aww thats a great help! My mums being fab! She bought my dress, and as we got it in a closing down sale, said she would also pay my BM dresses! Smiley smile theres different wee things that shes bought here and there!! Smiley smile You'll find it all a lot easier now with the wee bit of extra money im sure ad wont know yourself with the extra time on your hands!!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Aw good - parents have a habit of pulling something out of the bag to suprise us at the last post! Smiley smile

• mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

Awww that's so nice. Well done mummy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics