Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Little_Jen*
Beginner July 2009

Eyebrow threading

*Little_Jen*, 13 of July of 2009 at 14:35 Posted on Planning 0 27

Does anyone get there eyebrows threaded? I am getting married on Saturday and i am just wondering when would it be best to get it done?

Jen x

27 replies

Latest activity by Sandra, 16 of August of 2023 at 09:20
  • K
    Beginner July 2010
    kerryanneellis ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jen

I have mine done every month its fantastic far better than waxing as i used to end up with a red mark and 2 scabs everyting i had it done which took 3 days to heal. If i was having mine threaded for my wedding i would have it done 4/5 days before.

K x

• *Little_Jen*
    Beginner July 2009
    *Little_Jen* ·
    • Hide content

Ok then looks like I better get my twizzers out then! I dont think I am going to chance getting scabby eye brows 4 days prior the wedding haha! eek! Thanks Kerry anne! x

• CBear
    Beginner April 2009
    CBear ·
    • Hide content

I get mine done and it's fab, highly recommend it. I got mine done the day before my wedding, I had no issues with rednes or anything, it tends to settle down within the hour

• CBear
    Beginner April 2009
    CBear ·
    • Hide content

Also, I think Kerryanne meant she got scabs with waxing, which I used to as well, I never have any problems with threading

• *Little_Jen*
    Beginner July 2009
    *Little_Jen* ·
    • Hide content

Oh I see..yes I have just re-read her post!

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

I read it as she got scabs from threading too! d'oh!

this is great advice - i'm hoping i can just pop along to the threading bit in bluewater the day before too!

• K
    Beginner July 2010
    kerryanneellis ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jen

Sorry for the confusion doh .... NO scabs from threading!!!

Waxing gave me scabs ........ !!

Hope that helps lol!!

K x

• chocoholic_claire
    Beginner August 2010
    chocoholic_claire ·
    • Hide content

Ooooo yes, threading is fab! I would have it done 4 or 5 days in advance, as I find it makes my skin a bit red and a tiny bit puffy looking for a day or two.

• cheska
    Beginner May 2009
    cheska ·
    • Hide content

Had my legs threaded once and it lasted for ages and ages

wasn't pain free tho!

She asked if I wanted my bikini line done too - poiltely declined!

• twf
    Beginner August 2009
    twf ·
    • Hide content

Im taking my bushy brows along 2 days before the wedding, mine are normally red for a couple of hours after.

bluewater - I get mine done outside HoF, have never made an appt or anything but sometimes had to wait for about ten mins. Think they are quite expensive for threading though, £15 and I used to pay £5 at a place in Gravesend, guess the price has gone up the more popular it has become. I noticed a threading bar at Lakeside last week so I might check them out too

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Umm.....I never do anything with my eyebrows....would you say that this would be a good starting point for me?

x

• twf
    Beginner August 2009
    twf ·
    • Hide content

OLL, I love it, would never wax cos Im a wimp but the first time I had mine threaded, well my eyes certainly watered! Is fab though and gives a good shape, is not painful just smarts a bit (trying to explain it without contradicting myself!)

x

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Can you choose the shape of them, because I want them natural....not threadbare, like some brows I've seen!

x

• twf
    Beginner August 2009
    twf ·
    • Hide content

I think you can pretty much just ask for a tidy up, my brows are terrible if left for more than a month and as I walk towards the lady she goes brows, yes ... lol

Maybe I should go more often!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Can I admit to being completely thick and ask what eyebrow threading is please?

• chocoholic_claire
    Beginner August 2010
    chocoholic_claire ·
    • Hide content

The lady doing it for you twists some cotton, she holds one end in her hand and the other in her mouth. She will then line it up to 'trap' stray hairs, twist the cotton and the hair comes out at the root!

• Laura_Lee
    Beginner
    Laura_Lee ·
    • Hide content

Its where they remove the hairs with 2 threads rather than tweezers/wax - I've not had it done but apparently it brilliant.

• chocoholic_claire
    Beginner August 2010
    chocoholic_claire ·
    • Hide content
  • The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

That sounds very ouch!!

• chocoholic_claire
    Beginner August 2010
    chocoholic_claire ·
    • Hide content

It does smart a bit when you have it done, but it's over and done with so quickly that it's not too bad at all. I used to pluck my eyebrows, but I'm a real convert to threading now.

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Does it hurt more than waxing?

• chocoholic_claire
    Beginner August 2010
    chocoholic_claire ·
    • Hide content

I've never had my eyebrows waxed, so can't help there. I think someone on the start of the thread thought it hurt less than waxing, i'm not sure.

• CBear
    Beginner April 2009
    CBear ·
    • Hide content

I think it's less painful than waxing, an my skin recovers a lot quicker afterwards as well. I also think I get a nicer shape.

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

It looks really painful on that video. I have had mine waxed twice and although it really hurt for a split second, it was done in 3 bits! Nice and quick. Had a few different experiences of plucking at salons.

• K
    Beginner July 2010
    kerryanneellis ·
    • Hide content

Hi Zippy

Ive had my eyebrows waxed and threaded and threading hurts far less than waxing you also recover quicker normally in a couple of hours.

Im completely converted to threading as waxing used to make my eybrows really sore and my skin scab so being the wooss i am threading is the way forward for me!! I can highly recomend it to anyone and not much price difference i think i pay £7.50

K x

• E
    ExpensivePinkDecor41672 ·
    • Hide content

I have done mine a day before my wedding, it got perfect and angeled with the Arch 2 Arch Spa and Threading Salon. Eyebrow Threading in Memphis is the salon,where the team of two professionals that are stationed with you conducting the entire procedure making you feel at immense ease, luxury, and comfort and provide suggestions considering your beauty needs and requirements..

• E
    ExpensivePinkDecor41672 ·
    • Hide content

You can take the experience of both at Arch 2 Arch spa and threading salon. They provide both threading and waxing services and all the eyebrow related services. It is the best eyebrow threading salon in Memphis, and itd my personal experience visiting there. And i didn't feel any pain they did it with so ease and also gives the techniques of growing eyebrows naturally.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics