Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dove
Beginner

Boring Q - Curtains, where from?

Dove, 16 of June of 2009 at 14:07 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 14

Told you it was a boring question. I've been on curtain opening duties for the ILs whilst they are on holiday and realised that MIL has modern beautiful curtains and I don't!! So please inspire me for places to look. I did find some on M&S but they are so expensive to do my through lounge/dining room that has bay window at one end and french doors at the other end. I'm limited to pencil pleat curtains too.

14 replies

Latest activity by martinnathalie, 26 of July of 2019 at 09:54
  • Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from my club book, Choice. Next, Dunelm Mill, erm, can't think where else.

• Lu2
    Beginner October 2002
    Lu2 ·
    • Hide content

www.terrysfabrics.co.uk

- they make them for you. Have some lovely material.

• The White Rabbit
    Beginner September 2007
    The White Rabbit ·
    • Hide content

I've had all mine from John Lewis - either ready made or made to measure (they do a really reasonably priced 7 day service on a whole lot of fabrics - you can also order online which makes life VERY easy)

I've just had made funky curtains for the day room and play room and grown up ones for the living room so there's a right range of patterns

• Hugo Brambles
    Beginner August 2002
    Hugo Brambles ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you can beat NEXT for choice and value for money. It's where mine are from.

• Carrie74
    Beginner June 2007
    Carrie74 ·
    • Hide content

John Lewis has a fantastic range, but they're not cheap. We had some made by a local fabric/curtain shop which was the most economical for custom made. We've also bought off the peg from JL and M&S, and blinds off the interweb. If you have standard size windows then most High St stores should be able to help =- as well as M&S and JL, try Next, Debenhams etc. Probably even Primark. I know of several people who've used Dunelm Mill.

• Peaches
    Super January 2012
    Peaches ·
    • Hide content

Gah, I'm up to my eyes in all things curtains, blinds and voiles/nets at the moment trying to sort out the fire-gutted house back in the UK (yep, it's STILL being renovated!)

Have had dealings with Paul Simon Curtains whose shop looks a darn sight better than their website

Also, I've bought voiles from eBay. From this seller specifically

Blinds will be coming from a local shop to the house, so that's no good to you.

HTH

• ebee
    Beginner January 2008
    ebee ·
    • Hide content

We got our curtains in habitat for our bedroom, they are great quality although not cheap...

• tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

Another for Dunelm here!

Also Roseby's if there's one near you?

• T
    Beginner January 2008
    TMI-Anon ·
    • Hide content

Dunhelms too! We payed not a lot for three windows- I think around £210. Fully lined and beautiful material. This was about 3 wks ago and they called last week to say they were ready. At the time they had a 20% off sale.

xxx

• A
    Beginner August 2007
    alison76 ·
    • Hide content

The curtains in our lounge are from Debenhams - one "normal" sized window and one patio door and short window so we have full length curtains there. Got matching tie-backs as well.

The curtains in our bedroom are from John Lewis.

Both very good quality and reasonably priced - you can pay as much or as little as you want. Of course my mum is horrified we bought ready made as she has always made her own curtains.

• Dove
    Beginner
    Dove ·
    • Hide content

? Thanks, lots of places to check out now. We had a Rosebys in town but haven't they gone bust?

• Sairedy
    Beginner September 2003
    Sairedy ·
    • Hide content

Dunelm & John Lewis here

• E
    ExpensiveBlueStationery59009 ·
    • Hide content

Custom made curtains and blinds are available at Fabric Direct Online - they're fantastic!!

• S
    Beginner
    SunnyPurpleStationery86590 ·
    • Hide content

It's not a boring question at all. I've been looking for curtains as well and it's great to get some answers. Thank you! ?

• M
    martinnathalie ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked at made.com? They have a varied price range and some fantastic designs!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics