which men in the wedding party should wear the same suits?

sweetlikechocolate
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 26 May 2014 11:45

which men in the wedding party should wear the same suits?

Hi ya. I cant find any guidance on this anywhere and know that one of you lovely hitcheders will know the answer. I am trying to work out my budget for suits for the men in the bridal party (trying to see if I can stretch my budget to the tog I really want) , but am not sure if as well as the groom, ushers, best man and page boy are my dad and my HTBs dad meant to also be in the same suits or do they just wear whst ever they like? Also any suggestions for cheap but quality suit hire or purchase?

• Posted: 26 May 2014 12:10

Re: which men in the wedding party should wear the same suits?

Hi not sure on whats traditional but I know my partners dad will be in same suit and at other weddings the brides father has also been in same suit. We are using moss bross, of you have more than four suits the groom gets his free... thats with cravats/ties and waistcoats too. I think debenhams does the same if that helps xx

• Posted: 26 May 2014 19:23

I was wondering the same thing? Dont know whether to get my dad the same suit??

• Posted: 26 May 2014 19:27

I'm getting my dad the same suit as he's walking me down the aisle and I think that traditionally they wear the same suit as the Groom, best man etc.  I'm not getting a suit for OH's dad though - he can wear whatever he fancies.

• Posted: 26 May 2014 19:32

Trish2014:

I'm getting my dad the same suit as he's walking me down the aisle and I think that traditionally they wear the same suit as the Groom, best man etc.  I'm not getting a suit for OH's dad though - he can wear whatever he fancies.

Same here.

• Posted: 26 May 2014 19:38

Not sure what the rules are, but we are hiring for the same suit: groom, best men (two of them!) and Dad of bride.

Ushers and brother of the bride are wearing the same colour in the tie and will also have button holes.

• Posted: 26 May 2014 20:00

We have the groom,best man,1 usher,my dad and partners dad and my 3 year old son all in the same suits. Only difference is the groom will have a different coloured cravat to show he's the groom.

Hiring them from debenhams as they seem good quality and if you hire 5 the groom goes for free 

• Posted: 26 May 2014 20:11

None of them if you don't want them too. There isn't a rule as far as I know, most people seem to have the groom, ushers, best man and the two dads in matching suits. Wasn't for me though. 

• Posted: 26 May 2014 20:13

We have hired suits for the groom, best man, father of bride, father of groom, ushers and best man. We hired from Debenhams and got 10% early bird discount and groom goes free. 

Posted: 26 May 2014 21:47

It's totally up to you..we're hiring suits for my OH, my dad, OH stepdad,  the bestman,  OH brother and the two ushers. We're only paying for my dads and bestmans suits though OH gets his free as we're hiring over 5. We're paying £85 for each suit but this also includes shoes..I think most places charge about this much xx

• Posted: 7 Mar 2019 12:53

Check out Gents garment retailers in Amravati have the best collection for the wedding. 

• Posted: 6 Jul 2019 8:20

I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog has nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again mens wedding suits

• Posted: 12 Jul 2019 11:14

Yep also got suits for groom, 2 best men and both dads. We have no ushers so no one else needs one. Oh and my 3 year old nephew has the same waistcoat and a bow tie to match their ties. 

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)