Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2019

Where to find wedding dress appliques/beading?

Steph1Holman, 2 of July of 2018 at 22:25 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi,

I have recently been wedding dress shopping. I bought a dress in the sale for and absolute steal! I love pretty much everything about it, it hugs my body right, has a beautiful train and makes me feel amazing. I just feel like it needs a tiny bit of sparkle to be my absolute dream dress. Like i say, the price of this dress was unbelievable so i just had to get it despite the lack of sparkle.

I have considered belts and did try one on in the shop with it that I quite liked. However, I think i want some sparkle around the top of the bust. It is a sweetheart neckline and I was certain I could find some sort of applique or a seamstress that would offer a similar service but after exhausting my google search I cannot find anything! I was just wondering if anyone had come across any sites selling good quality, delicate rhinestone appliques or could recommend a seamstress? I am based partly in Wiltshire and partly in Coventry, but would obviously be willing to travel for the right product.

Any help/recommendations anyone could give would be greatly appreciated Smiley smile

2 replies

Latest activity by HappyGreenCakes537, 13 of July of 2018 at 21:03
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Etsy has some beautiful appliques for wedding dresses! Find a good dress maker to apply it for you, and you're good to go!

• E
    Savvy August 2019
    ExpensivePinkCars56269 ·
    • Hide content

I’m using stitched up https://www.stitchedup.org/ based in Kenilworth. She was recommended by the bridal shop (Coco and Kate) to ammend my Anna Campbell dress.

There are are some lovely things on Esty too, but Gemma at stitched up seems really creative and she had good recommendations by Coco and Kate.

good luck!

• H
    HappyGreenCakes537 ·
    • Hide content

There’s a great seamstress in Nuneaton called The Dress Suite. She’s absolutely fab and she does alterations, so I’m sure she could add embellishments.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics