Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner October 2019

When to throw confetti if your ceremony & reception are at the same place

MontyPythonWedding, 9 of August of 2018 at 19:43 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi guys

I'm really in two minds whether to even have confetti as the ceremony and reception are at the same place and I assume you throw it just before the bride and groom get into their car and drive to the reception. It would be nice and traditional to do but it would also seem silly to have the ceremony, go outside for confetti and then go back in.

What has other brides done in this situation?

Thanks!

2 replies

Latest activity by Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019, 10 of August of 2018 at 08:17
  • F
    Beginner November 2018
    Fireworkandfairylightwedding ·
    • Hide content

My friend did this last year; we all went outside for confetti shots, outdoor photos/group shots and then when back in until the meal started.

I’ll be doing the same for my wedding in November(!). I’m praying for no rain so we can have outdoor confetti shots and photos.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep that is the normal way to do it and 99% of the time it is what everybody does. Or if the weather is nice and the venue has the space then people just mingle outside. If its raining then I have done it inside, but check with the venue first. Like this

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

My ceremony is also at the same place as the reception, we will be getting married either in a gazebo outside, or in a lean to with a concrete floor if it's raining. Either way, the confetti will be thrown as we walk back down the aisle. My friend also did this at her wedding last weekend.

If your ceremony is in an indoor room, as others have said, you could go outside for confetti shots - maybe you and the bridal party leave the room, ushers get the guests to wait just outside the main entrance and then you come out of the venue for the confetti.

A third option could depend on your transport - we've hired a VW campervan to take us to the venue, but it's also going to take me and my new hubby for a drive around after the ceremony to get some couple photos and give us a bit of time to just be the 2 of us. If you have hired a car, or maybe a friend has a nice set of wheels they could drive you somewhere in for half an hour, you could still do the confetti as you go to the car moment?

Hope this helps! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics