Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner April 2019

When to send wedding invitations?

RomanticIvoryCakes26721, 3 of August of 2018 at 08:02 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi all,

Our wedding is booked for Easter weekend 2019. We are on a budget so didn't send save the date cards. We now don't know when to send invitations. We want people to have enough time to book time off work etc especially as it's a holiday Most people will have to travel and stay as they are from out of town.

I was thinking of sendingday invites inSeptembery2018 with an RSVP for mid March2019) and then evening invites in January 2019 with the same RSVP. What do you guysthink? I know these aren't the normal time scales but by not sending save the dates and having the wedding during the holiday weekend we want to give enough notice.

Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Latest activity by Harley_rose357, 16 of August of 2018 at 06:23
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Here's a helpful link!

https://www.confetti.co.uk/wedding-advice/invites-stationery/when-to-send-your-save-the-date-wedding-invitations

Basically, it suggests 2-3 months for a regular wedding, 3-4 months if it's at a special time of year (e.g. Christmas Easter).

As you aren't doing save the dates, I'd whack another month on, which makes it November.

If you're anything like me though, you've been screaming the date from the rooftops and everyone who needs to know does anyway!!

Personally, I would send day invites first with an RSVP deadline of January, then you have chance to upgrade evening guests if you have people that can't make it.

So, for example, mine is in September next year. I'll send invites out in April (we also aren't doing save the dates), with a deadline of May, then send evening invites out end of May/beginning of June.

Hope this helps! X

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

You can send them when you like! I'd suggest having the "reply by" date 3 months before the wedding though. Then you will have final day guest numbers before you have to set the evening numbers.

You could send the evening invites out with Christmas cards.

• R
    Beginner April 2019
    RomanticIvoryCakes26721 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your suggestions! You've put my mind at ease ? ordered the invites today, super excited!

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is an awesome idea!

• H
    Beginner July 2019
    Harley_rose357 ·
    • Hide content

Wow, i'm also a bride-to-be, your advice helps me a lot! Awesome idea! Thx?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics