When to book photographer

amihohu
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 26 Jul 2012 12:32

When to book photographer

How far in advance did you book your photographer and did you find a lot of them had availability at the time? My mum is going on a panic that we won't be able to get a good one for September next year and I could really do without another thing to panic about!

• Posted: 26 Jul 2012 12:34

Re: When to book photographer

You might not. Especially if you're having a Saturday wedding.

Good photographers book up fast - I would be looking to sort that sharpish.

• Posted: 26 Jul 2012 12:37

I booked mine as soon as I could. I think we did it 10 months before the wedding as we had a tight budget and the few TOGS that we researched and looked good, some were fully booked! It depends and varies really so IMO I would suggest to do your research and just enquire about availability! Hope this helps

• Posted: 26 Jul 2012 12:39

Your mum is right imo, you should probably start looking as soon as possible.

• Posted: 26 Jul 2012 12:50

kharv:

You might not. Especially if you're having a Saturday wedding.

Good photographers book up fast - I would be looking to sort that sharpish.

This we booked ours as soon as we booked our venue/registrar and set the date (which was 2 year in advance)  

• Posted: 26 Jul 2012 13:53

After the church and venue, the tog is the next thing on our list. We're going to meet our probable tog on Monday - we know she is available on our date but that's only because I made sure she was as I love her work.

• Posted: 26 Jul 2012 13:57

Our photographer is very popular. His coming round tonight to go through the packages for our wedding thats in July 2015

• Posted: 26 Jul 2012 14:00

I booked mine last month for next September. I got in touch in April.

• Posted: 26 Jul 2012 15:01

We're meeting with ours at the beginning of August to see her work and hopefully put down a deposit there and then. When we first inquired, she already had people asking about our weekend. That was in June, almost 2 years before the wedding.

Posted: 26 Jul 2012 15:30

We book our venue 19 months in advance for a Sep 2013 wedding, same as you, I contacted the photographer I wanted 18months in advance after a fewe months researching and they were already booked for my date. I would look ASAP!

(PS same thig happened with the wedding car - maybe add that to your list too).

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)