Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Morwin_Nerdbane
Beginner August 2014

What are you walking down the aisle to?

Morwin_Nerdbane, 17 of November of 2013 at 20:36 Posted on Planning 0 33

I desperately don't want to walk down the aisle to the wedding march. It's far too traditional for the wedding we're having, but I'm struggling to think of a song to walk to. Atm I'm thinking Alanis Morrisette- Everything, Jose Gonzalez- Heartbeats or The 'Married Life' score from Disney's Up. I was just wondering what you were walking to, and are you consulting with your OHs about it?

Xxx

33 replies

Latest activity by smingram13, 21 of November of 2013 at 19:43
  • Mispinkprincess
    Beginner September 2014
    Mispinkprincess ·
    • Hide content

Will be stalking for ideas as I have no idea!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Yes, OH knows what I'm walking down the isle to...

Footprints in the sand by Leona Lewis

• IGB2B
    Beginner May 2014
    IGB2B ·
    • Hide content

I'm hoping to walk down the aisle to the PM's Love Theme from the film, Love Actually. I adore that film and the music is just fab. I'll have a very long aisle to walk down so it's good to have a piece that really builds to a climax. I'm hoping my OH will arrange it for the band of musicians to play, including organ and timpani! We're both very musical so we want something quite spectacular!

• Lucy_Maria
    Beginner October 2015
    Lucy_Maria ·
    • Hide content

Being the geek I am, I'm planning on walking up the isle to the intro theme for a video game. For everyone who recognises it they'll be grinning at the reference, anyone else will just think it's an instrumental piece and being the intro theme it's nicely composed for walking up the isle. There's so many versions though as there are so many titles in the series and I have to pick just one.

As for my fiancé, he tells me that it's my song, as I'm the bride and I'm the one who has to walk down the isle to it, he doesn't mind that it's from a video game. Although, I suspect he'd have something to say about it if he really didn't like my choice.

• BubblesKM
    Beginner October 2014
    BubblesKM ·
    • Hide content

Etta James. At Last.

I felt it was appropriate as I waited 10 yrs for my ring ha ha! And it is one of my favourite songs xxx

• J
    Beginner August 2014
    jo-jo1983 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to walk down the aisle to a piano version of P!nk's - lets get this party started. and i want at last for leaving.

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

Journey... but not the one ruined by bloody glee

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Grieg: Solveig's Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4gnV0_zfJg

on the harp ^_^

• C
    Beginner April 2014
    cearstaidh ·
    • Hide content

I'm going with Billy Joel Shes got a way.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I'm walking down the aisle to Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings. My OH loves the Tiesto dance version so I've chosen the classical piece as a surprise for him.

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

I don't know what it's called but the music from True Romance... OH will know. It's so pretty and it's our favourite film so means a lot to us.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I walked down the aisle to "Let the bright Seraphim" by Handel (for soprano, organ and trumpet), all performed fabulously live.

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Everlong by the Foo fighters - played by our string trio, it is one of my H2B's favourite songs

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

my mum made me laugh the other day refering to "the Glee song" I asked her if she meant the one by Journey but she was certain it was the Glee song. i had to explain that the band Journey did the song a long time before Glee started!

I walked down the aisle to sigur Ros's Starflur. I didnt consult my H because i wanted it to be a surprise for him. Sigur Ros is one of his favorite bands. We decided the rest of the ceremony music together though.

• F
    Beginner February 2014
    Follies123 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

SNAP! It makes me a cry a lil every time I listen to it, god knows what I'll be like on the day! xx

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

I am walking down the aisle to The Power of Love by Gabrielle Aplin, me and my OH picked it together, it is a song we both really like ;-)

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooooh which video game is it?

I am walking in to Aerith's theme from FFVII. It was the first wedding decision we made!

• N
    Beginner April 2014
    Northernrose ·
    • Hide content

I'm going for Jose Gonzalez's version of Heartbeats - The Knife's dance version is one of my fave songs but Jose Gonzalez's is probably more wedding appropriate ?

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

We are toying with the idea of walking in (together) to Feel the Love by Rudimental. I think it would be FABULOUS but our guests might disagree. ? Otherwise maybe Lady by Modjo which is sort of our song. I am finding it really hard to choose ceremony music!

• Lucy_Maria
    Beginner October 2015
    Lucy_Maria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The one and the same, Final Fantasy. I wish I could dance properly and then I'd entertain the thought of using the intro from 10 Smiley tongue

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great minds and all that jazz! I am trying to persuade OH to let us have the battle victory music after the celebrant says 'you may now kiss the bride' Smiley winking

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    s0phaz ·
    • Hide content

I really Love the song by Tom Odel - Grow Old with me, but OH half is not so keen, I just love the lyrics though, but I know OH isn't keen so we'll have to sit down and discuss, OH wants someone to play the wedding march on the piano, bork.

• T
    Beginner September 2016
    The_future_Mrs_T ·
    • Hide content

I shall be walking down the aisle to a song, covered by Edwina Hayes called "Feels like Home" - I absolutely adore it.

I'm hoping that "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perry will feature too at some point.....maybe the signing of the registers?

And our first dance will be to Ellie Goulding's Cover of "Your Song"

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    KyleighB ·
    • Hide content

I'll be walking down to Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats and walking back out together to Queen - You're my best friend. Trying to choose 2 songs for the signing but we've got it narrowed down to Fleetwood Mac - Songbird, Juno Soundtrack - Anyone else but you, City & Colour - Coming home or Toy Story Soundtrack - You've got a friend in me.

• P
    Beginner July 2014
    Paranoid_Pixie_:) ·
    • Hide content

Thousand years part 2 by Cristina Perry, the words just sum up our relationship and it makes me want to cry when I think about it Smiley winking

Re: the video game theme, we are video game freaks too and because we lived 200 miles apart when we were first dating, we spent many a nights dating and falling in love on the Battlefield Smiley winking video gamers will know what I mean. We did think about using this piece of music, but its a bit loud and daunting for a wedding I think. We need to think of a way to incorporate it into the wedding, probably mention it in my vowels Smiley winking

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I photographed a wedding the other day where the Bride had this, it was great! Made everyone chuckle too ?

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love Feel the Love by Rudimental, unfortunately H2B is into metal so we agreed no Rudimental and no metal!

• InWineTheresTruth
    Beginner July 2015
    InWineTheresTruth ·
    • Hide content

Miss pickle .. I'm also walking down the aisle to the power of love. Gabrielle aplins version ... that's my choice ... my oh gets his choice for the exit song ... he is an Evertonfan so it's "z" cars ... means a lot to him and it's his day too so I'll just suck it up!

• donnyette
    Beginner December 2016
    donnyette ·
    • Hide content

As ours is a civil ceremony in a hotel im toying with either marry you by bruno mars, or grow old with you by adam sandler. The song from wedding singer. Love it! I love both. Decisions decisions x

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Maybe a bit of Michael Buble, that would be amazing! He's a charming singer, get everyone in the mood!

• P
    Beginner December 2015
    purplepanda89 ·
    • Hide content

I am walking down the isle to Darling I Do by Landon Pigg and Lucy Schwartz. I heard it first in Shrek Forever After which sounds rather odd but the tune and lyrics are beautiful.

• cantwait2bmrsj
    Beginner September 2014
    cantwait2bmrsj ·
    • Hide content

I just heard ellie gouldings how long will I love you on the radio and the lyrics seemed lovely. Might be a serious contender! Had previously thought maybe the instrumental version of I'm yours by jason mraz

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics