Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

WickyWack
Beginner July 2013

Wedding rings too tight?

WickyWack, 30 of April of 2015 at 13:17 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

Hi all, i've noticed recently that I've been getting a bit of dry red skin underneath my rings and that they are looking a little tight, but still spin around on the finger.

Anyone have the same? Do you think it's just because I'm a bit porky atm? Should I take them off overnight? I've worn both together for nearly 2 years now without ever taking them off..

7 replies

Latest activity by *J9*, 1 of May of 2015 at 08:42
  • Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

They don't look particularly tight, though the red mark doesn't look great.

I always take my rings off at night, but that's because they're too big and would probably fall off otherwise ?

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

I have been doing a lot of painting and wallpapering the past few weeks so I'm wondering if that's playing a part..

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I had a similar issue when I'd get water trapped underneath the rings. I always take my rings off to wash my hands now and make sure they're throughly dried before putting the rings back on and that seemed to do the trick. Not sure if that's the same for you though but worth a try

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

My fingers got fat since I got married too - I mean, i'll never have fat fingers, they're like skinny little chickens feet, but they're fatter than they were -

Please excuse the 'I was a week overdue for being removed last week' gel:

ETA: I'm ringing the nail lady as we speak.

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

Ah, that's made me feel better SW, thanks! I have super tiny hands, like freakishly but they are getting a bit like little sausages!! ha!

I also think that I'm not drying my hands very thoroughly either so will try that too!

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Yes I have problems with water getting trapped under them. So I make sure I dry them thoroughly.

I also have always taken them off at night. My hands swell in the warm which doesn't help either.

Every now and again I just wear my wedding ring for a couple of days and that seems to help if they are sore

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

I had wedding ring rash a few years ago under my ER very painful itchy patches that blistered! I got some cream from boots but it kept coming back H got me new engagement ring since and I haven't had it again, still not sure what caused it my old er was white gold and apparently you can develop reactions over time too different metals xx

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics