Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MischiefMumma
Beginner August 2014

Wedding music.

MischiefMumma, 24 of June of 2014 at 11:33 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi ladies,

Sorry for the multiple posts this morning.

OH and I are stuck on music. I have chosen Sunrise by Nora Jones to walk in to as it struck me as a very beautiful song and explained how I felt about OH perfectly!

Now we've been told by the venue that we need to provide CDs with all our music choices on. This includes music for the guests whilst their waiting (3 songs) music to go into (see above) and music to leave to.

We also need to organise music for the wedding breakfast and have literally no idea where to start.

We dont want anything classical or too pop-y, just some nice easy listening stuff, but nothing thats going to ram it down your throat how 'totes in love we are'! Might be a bit vom!

Can you lovely hitchers help me out? What did you have/are having?

Thank you!

Xx

1 replies

Latest activity by ClaireD*, 24 of June of 2014 at 12:01
  • K
    Beginner October 2014
    katie80uk ·
    • Hide content

Im keeping an eye on this post lol as we are having the same problem. Got my song to walk into but stuck for other music, no ones music taste is the same and its a mixture of old and young people at ours, so totally stuck what we are meant to do

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

We had post-rock music (eg. Mono, Sigur Ros) for the wedding breakfast, as it's not intrusive music (non-lyrical music, but modern rather than classical). If you're not familiar with post-rock though, this will be a pointless reply! It's probably not the right time to start listening to entirely new music genres, but if you're bored today, give it a go on YouTube (for Mono, try "Ashes in the Snow" and for Sigur Ros, try "Svefn-G-englar").

Vitamin String Quartet do pop and rock songs as a string quartet, so we used that for the 'sitting and waiting' music pre bridal party entrance. They're really fun, and you easily spot the original song. I think my favourite was a Lady Gaga one done with strings. Luckily my husband spliced together 45 mins of 'sitting and waiting' music, rather than just 3 tracks, in case of any delays..... which we had..... people sat themselves down stupidly early, and I was ahemmmm 15minutes late....

I think your gut instinct is right, OP. If you're not interested in my ideas, then something like easy listening or jazz would be good. Playing pop stuff during the day is a bit bleuughhh, as it means you get no difference between the day music (which is only supposed to be background stuff) than the night music which is louder get up and dance music.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics